• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Best weather app for a phone

Brick Tamland

Why do you say this? Does it have alerts for your current location and other locations you can set?

It won't send you notifications but in terms of what I need to be effective at nowcasting, radarscope has it all.  Hi res velocity (4levels), correlation coefficient, hi res echo height, precip depiction... and the list goes on.  Also you can put the radar in an advanced mode that allows you to identify boundaries and other things that can't be seen on a typical radar.

I agree Radarscope is the go to app but some others have a few interesting features. Weatherbug Elite has a lightning distance away detector that I've found to be pretty accurate. It also shows the direction of the nearest strike. I wouldn't bet my life on it though.

Radar scope is worthy of the 10 dollar price tag. Awesome radar data on the go. I can't recommend it enough. I'm never caught off guard with radar scope. I love the hi res VIL and Echo tops but the best is the velocity mode so you can see if anything his spinning up around you tornado wise.

If you have Coldrains phone, your going to need to be able to download the app in 8- track format!

I do like th Wunderground free weather app. Good enough radar for my needs.

Yep...if you miss the radar scan, just ride around for about 45 minutes and it'll come back up again.

Archived