• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2014 Observations

Thanks! I'm in the 70-90% range (low-end, I'm sure). SW Charlotte 150-200%! Yep.

SOO dry here! Sounds like yer fat wife tryin' to eat Doritos in-the-middle-of-the-night, cheatin'

on her diet, when...

... you step across the lawn to take the trash out. Very crunchy, God-Awful Ugly!!

It's as dry as a popcorn fart! :) Looking forward to my 1-2 inches.:( ? The moisture influx on this front looks alot better for precip than the last big rain chance! NWS will probably wait until we surpass 2 inches before they put out a flood watch , after the last snafu !

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chicken Wings in the Pouring Rain while bathing in Barrels of Iced Tea!

We'll need Geisha Girls and Socki... wives to wash our socks, bringing towels

and Cheetos.

I can't wait for this, Mack! You ready!

Since the last summer was so wet, I can't remember the last time I've needed a good rain this bad! Already had to turn on the sprinklers a few times , just to keep shrubs and trees alive! Watering tomatoes in pots almost daily! The radar looks beautiful and this is a different set up than the last whiff, you can already see it on radar, not like last time! Good vibes on this one! 82 and skies getting dark to the south! :)

Wow, I am a little surprised that there are almost no posts about the rain/storms last night. Maybe ne ga was lucky - but the storm/rain shield looked pretty decent late in the evening. A bunch of heavy rain/storms here over night. My dog kept me up quite a bit. 3.92" in the gague this morning!

Nice totals, NEGa.  I'm nearing an inch of rainfall IMBY here in Hickory, NC.

The motion of the storms seems to be changing.  IMO, the rain shield has shifted from moving NE to almost due N now.  I think the axis of precipitation will soon tilt negatively and continue to funnel rain over the piedmont and foothills of NC for a good portion of the day.

1.52 overnight. 68 degrees, looks like heavy stuff is over, maybe another quarter inch or so, was a good event. Had some house shaking thunder around 3 or 4 a m!

<Had some thunder about 10:30 last night.  I was half-asleep.

Don't see the 1"+ as Mack promised.  Some "ponding prone areas" were still dry this morn.

I'll check.

Like most the Winter, and all the Spring... all the action is roughly from Charlotte and eastward.

69.  About .15" since early this morn... best guess. 

<Had some thunder about 10:30 last night. I was half-asleep.

Don't see the 1"+ as Mack promised. Some "ponding prone areas" were still dry this morn.

I'll check.

Like most the Winter, and all the Spring... all the action is roughly from Charlotte and eastward.

69. About .15" since early this morn... best guess.

I had 1.51 in the gauge this a m, I'd suspect close to 2 by now, will check when I get home

Wow, I am a little surprised that there are almost no posts about the rain/storms last night. Maybe ne ga was lucky - but the storm/rain shield looked pretty decent late in the evening. A bunch of heavy rain/storms here over night. My dog kept me up quite a bit. 3.92" in the gague this morning!

Not complaining but only 1.61 here, a dent in the abnormally dry in this area.

Nice totals, NEGa.  I'm nearing an inch of rainfall IMBY here in Hickory, NC.

The motion of the storms seems to be changing.  IMO, the rain shield has shifted from moving NE to almost due N now.  I think the axis of precipitation will soon tilt negatively and continue to funnel rain over the piedmont and foothills of NC for a good portion of the day.

its about time to get a bunch since we have missed out lately lol.  ended up with 4.13" and the low was 41 this morning :) cloudy breezy and 62 currently

:wub:  

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE COLUMBIA SC
130 AM EDT FRI MAY 16 2014

...RECORD DAILY MAXIMUM RAINFALL SET AT COLUMBIA METRO AIRPORT SC...

A RECORD DAILY RAINFALL AMOUNT OF 1.90 INCHES...FOR THE DATE OF MAY
15TH...WAS SET AT COLUMBIA METRO AIRPORT SC YESTERDAY. THIS BREAKS
THE OLD RAINFALL RECORD FOR MAY 15TH OF 1.55 INCHES SET IN 1976

Archived