Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2014 Observations

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I am a little surprised that there are almost no posts about the rain/storms last night. Maybe ne ga was lucky - but the storm/rain shield looked pretty decent late in the evening. A bunch of heavy rain/storms here over night. My dog kept me up quite a bit. 3.92" in the gague this morning!

Got a bit lucky here, picked up 3.89 here but just a few miles west of here probably only half that. Otoh, just to the southeast there probably was 5 plus inches.

44 yesterday morning and 40.3 this morning. It sucks to know we'll have to wait another 4 or 5 months to get them again.

Not complaining but only 1.61 here, a dent in the abnormally dry in this area.

Funny how that works, Rosie!  I'm getting inches where I used to get tenths.  I got 1.5 the other day, and looks like more coming.  A west to east band is sagging down this way, and I expect it will actually hold together when it gets here.  Unheard of before spring.  Looks like the worm has turned and the anti mole power deflection devices have been focused away from me, finally.  It's a lush Eden around here now, and not the camel land I've been used to since 2000. T

Funny how that works, Rosie!  I'm getting inches where I used to get tenths.  I got 1.5 the other day, and looks like more coming.  A west to east band is sagging down this way, and I expect it will actually hold together when it gets here.  Unheard of before spring.  Looks like the worm has turned and the anti mole power deflection devices have been focused away from me, finally.  It's a lush Eden around here now, and not the camel land I've been used to since 2000. T

Your garden will really be super, today was a cold drizzle kind of day here. Let us all hope for no super heat and no dry conditions. Talk to your moles, cats eat mine!

Your garden will really be super, today was a cold drizzle kind of day here. Let us all hope for no super heat and no dry conditions. Talk to your moles, cats eat mine!

It figures....as soon as I said something the line sagging down fell apart and gave me...you guessed it.... a tenth, lol.  Looking for the next cad setup.  If I can leap frog across summer on the backs of tri monthly cads, or more, I'll survive for another winter, lol.  Or, the return of the daily pop up thunder monsters we used to get, in my youth, before the sun and the nozone when insane :)  T

It figures....as soon as I said something the line sagging down fell apart and gave me...you guessed it.... a tenth, lol.  Looking for the next cad setup.  If I can leap frog across summer on the backs of tri monthly cads, or more, I'll survive for another winter, lol.  Or, the return of the daily pop up thunder monsters we used to get, in my youth, before the sun and the nozone when insane :)  T

Miss those storms, they are definitely few and far between these days.

91.  38% RH.

Had to take the hose and run to plants begging for water.  I could hear them meowing... screaming.

It costs about a dollar a minute to run the hose in Fountain Inn... even though the water pressure

is less than my private hose.  You can buy "irrigation rights", $50 up front.  Makes me wonder what might

happen in a real drought scenario.  We are on the Greenville Water System.  Seems "archaic".

Got hot last night... sweating, screaming... nightmares, suicidal thoughts!  The wife turns the thermo to 79 at night.

I should have sneaked it down to about 75.  But, I was in mortal fear of "wife biatchness" when she discovered!

Fine lines... we live - just for a few degrees!!!

Morning rain surprise! I love it! The gentle rumble of thunder combined with light rainfall and cool, dark conditions. I was only expecting very low chances of rainfall this afternoon, nothing this morning. I'll take it, though. It's been dry recently.

RQu2T5c.png

Nice ! I love bonus/surprise storms/rain! That may hurt chances there for this afternoons storms, but maybe send some our way with outflow bounderies and the front sliding south!?

Archived