Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2014 Observations

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are in the western upstate of SC and need rain, the radar is looking sexy!!! A complex of storms is forming and been going for awhile and looks to be drifting east and holding together! 84 and cloudy.

<Never heard a radar loop described as "sexy".  Works for me!!

Doubt they'll move into our area... though they appear to be on the prowl.

Maybe... I should go out and do a provocative dance?

Edit:  There's "thunder in the air!"  It's not just my morning bowel

movement echos.  Storms are forming, SW of me now.

Looks like this is gonna be another miss for Spartanburg.  Storms accelerating southward.  Might get fringed if I'm lucky.  Maybe something will fire northwest of us.  :weenie:

I'm... in line.  Rain getting heavy.  Watch SW of Greenville... moving SE... should be here.

Just happy to see rain!!!!

Storms look to be re-firing SE of Greenville and Laurens County lines

Nice stuff coming through.  Moderate rain, heavy at times... a lot of lightning!

A few close strikes.

Nice to see!!!  

"It's been a while since I had a 'sexy storm'."

Edit: Winds 40-50 (gusts near 60), very heavy rain.

Edit: Tree down on the 418, MBY.  60+mph gust not out of question.

Over an inch of rain in less than an hour.

Excessive lightning and thunder. The storm is right there. It better rain.

Edit: The complex of storms split. They find a new solution every time to jump over Waycross.

Sounds like the old Spartanburg split.  Did they reform the next county over?

Picked up 1.27 inches with yesterday's storms! Have high hopes for this weeks storm chances due to the fact Sunday was suppose to be the least active day out of the next 4 or 5, so we are ahead of the game!

I'm hoping we can pick up an inch over the next few days.  Chance of storms on the grids through this friday.  Some storms in Georgia moving east right now that looks like they may have a decent chance of hitting the upstate.  I'm gonna go broke having to water.  Already received an almost $200 water bill last week.

The afternoon has been one of those where there is intermittent darkening of the sky and rumbling to the NNE as cells form and move on.  Then we had a lovely blast of outflow, followed shortly by rain triggered by the outflow.  (I'll admit I wasn't too upset to have an excuse not to continue with the chainsawing of deadfall).

The jury's still out on whether the post-rain atmosphere outside will be refreshing, or too gooey to finish the yardwork that the rain interrupted.

Oh my...we just had our cycle breaker.  Witnessed 3 trees falling and just dumped rain.  Sirens everywhere right now.  Prob sustained 50-60mph wind for 2 minutes gusting upwards of 70-80mph when the trees came down.

Just took a drive around and the damage was pretty much limited to our neighborhood.  A large mature pine tree at our neighbor's house just snapped 4 or 5 feet up.  Was lucky and missed the house and cars.  Another full sized Silver Maple was pretty much shredded and destroyed.  It lost probably 75% of its limbs.  This had to have been a microburst to be limited to such a small area.

xc83zm.jpg

209gl1t.jpg

2s9de9l.jpg

20tmbti.jpg

Another nice storm today and another direct hit.  Picked up about .75" today and 1" yesterday.  The miss streak is officially over!  Some more nice winds today as well.  A little bit stronger and another pine tree would be down.  One was bending about 35-40 degrees and I thought for sure it was going.  The winds yesterday were the strongest I've witnessed in a very long time, and that storm wasn't even warned.  Another neighbor had a dogwood uproot and hit their house.

Archived