amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
April 2014 General Discussion

Geos

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another very pleasant day here in Iowa, currently sitting at 67.  We've actually had a lot of these days this month.  Our trees are steadily greening up.  I certainly won't remember this April as a cold one.

The new Euro has even bumped us up to the low 70s on Monday.  Five days ago the Euro had upper 30s on Monday.

Another very pleasant day here in Iowa, currently sitting at 67.  We've actually had a lot of these days this month.  Our trees are steadily greening up.  I certainly won't remember this April as a cold one.

The new Euro has even bumped us up to the low 70s on Monday.  Five days ago the Euro had upper 30s on Monday.

Cedar Rapids is -.9F for the month while La Crosse is -2.4F...    Eau Claire is -3.6F  ...so it gets worse as you go north...

Not quite 60F here today and we had a lot of clouds after noon...  also an ugly east wind that just feels cold.  Still got some plants potted up and a few things planted outside...even put tomatoes in the ground. 

Trees really aren't showing much green yet...

Cedar Rapids is -.9F for the month while La Crosse is -2.4F...    Eau Claire is -3.6F  ...so it gets worse as you go north...

Not quite 60F here today and we had a lot of clouds after noon...  also an ugly east wind that just feels cold.  Still got some plants potted up and a few things planted outside...even put tomatoes in the ground. 

Trees really aren't showing much green yet...

+.4 here so far. Will probably end April right around normal for temperatures.

All of my plants are still sitting in their pots.  I just bought several more today.  I don't think I've ever planted any annuals before May 1st.  The cool and wet period coming up will keep the plants in their pots for another week.

All of my plants are still sitting in their pots.  I just bought several more today.  I don't think I've ever planted any annuals before May 1st.  The cool and wet period coming up will keep the plants in their pots for another week.

Mine were so pot bound (I start a bunch of stuff from seeds) that i had to get them out...  I also have low tunnels (plastic covered) that will keep everything dry and toasty all week (even in cloudy weather, you still get heat gain, maybe 10F more then outside).  I put some flowers outside, so i'll have to watch them if we get cold.  I also had some ordered plants (blueberries/etc) that i had to pot up...

Lake Superior?  Still plenty of ice for ice fishing :) 

Raining here now...51F

- You can start to see the ice pulling away from the shorelines of Lake Superior. Ice cover should really start crashing with these easterly and northeasterly winds with this cut off low.

A chilly 38° outside tonight. Last couple days of April look wet, but not quite as cold as previously forecast.

seasonal cool morning, but lots of sun. woke up to an ice free lake across the road so gonna drag my yak over. Think I'll wait until the 50's later so the cool east wind doesn't feel so bad.

APX mentioning snow mixing in late week.

went for a hike yesterday afternoon, very cold upper 30's. found some snow in the woods still.

Archived