amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
April 2014 General Discussion

Geos

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was talking to a guy today who drove his sled across Lake Erie this winter..... Drove from Leamington Ontario, to Put-In-Bay Ohio where he had a few beers and drove back to Canada.....

Crazy !!!

That's unreal... Very risky too, could have landed in jail.

We rode about 100 miles on the great lakes, but never more than 5 miles from a shore.

Turned out to be a nice afternoon so far. Sunny skies with some high clouds, near 50°. Quite windy though.

Yeah..if you like hurricanes.  This weather sucks. 

Ice storm along Lake Superior...could be tree and powerline damage...

Big band moving this way across Iowa...soaker incoming.  

Neighbor of mine left for Phoenix the other day...good timing...they head into the 90Fs next week.

Yeah..if you like hurricanes.  This weather sucks. 

Ice storm along Lake Superior...could be tree and powerline damage...

Big band moving this way across Iowa...soaker incoming.  

Neighbor of mine left for Phoenix the other day...good timing...they head into the 90Fs next week.

Wasn't so bad where I working outside today. Was sunny for a good 6 hours here. High 51°. Just heard some thunder now.

Greening up nicely here too. Noticed a few Magnolia's blooming.

I find that hard to believe....no leaves obviously....but no buds? It depends on the species of trees though. Oaks, honeylocusts, sycamores etc have not budded at all...but maples have been budding for a bit.

Nope. No buds. Not joking either. At least the trees in my neighborhood

Nope. No buds. Not joking either. At least the trees in my neighborhood

I have noticed that it varies obviously based on the trees. Most of the main streets here are lined with honeylocusts, so they look the same as they do in January, thus you see no budding. A lot of parks that are filled with primarily oaks..again...no budding. Same with sycamores...no buds. However....the sugar maples have those lime green buds trying to start, and the silver maples have the red buds. The horsechestnuts are trying to pop, but those trees are in their own world (they bloom early and they begin browning in late Aug to early Sept). Daffodils are out...the grass is green...tulip shoots are out (but no tulips yet)...forsythia has yet to bloom. Not sure how far behind we are...but we are clearly behind.

2.75" of rain IMBY since rain started Saturday night, currently a snow/rain mix.  Not expecting much accumulations unless the 06z NAM is right in the dynamic cooling. By the time the entire column turns cold enough for a sustained period of time, I expect QPF will be meager. On the bright side both the Euro and GFS show 60's on the horizon, albeit not until next Monday....Sigh

Nice little snowfall in Deadwood, SD

http://rapidcityjournal.com/webcams/deadwood/

Low looks to have picked up some speed...big low over the Atlantic seems to be dropping south and east quickly..hopefully this whole mess gets into Canada asap...  weekend might actually dry out at least partially.  Wet like a dog here, but the rain is done.

Archived