Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Season Finale :(

Ji

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm working on mt airy tomorrow. If they get more snow than my yard I'm using that # in my totals. I've been dead honest all year. Time to fudge

that location is probably one of the best places to be that's close to you

yeah, I doubt tomorrow will be kind to anyone below 350', but it should still fall as snow, which is good enough for me on 3/25

if things slow up by a couple or 3 hours so that it snows into the evening/night, then the grass will surely accumulate well

At Dundalk sitting at 48.1" on the winter. Oh what 1.9" of slant sticking would do. Something about the 50 inch mark that makes this winter that much sweeter. I'm in a bob chill kinda mood for this one. With tomorrow's set up in January .45" of QPF could yield 5"+ of snow. Shame its late march but crazy to think temps aren't the biggest issue on March 25, its awesome. Impressive nonetheless.

I actually had no idea they decided to measure in some random fields. I always figured they measured in the town centers pre-IAD. That is actually really neat.

The coop observing network is based on a 25 mile grid, so yeah, some of those will fall where no towns exist.  Out here its not uncommon for a coop observer site to be a random ranch.

well, the map says "max Temp", so that doesn't mean it will necessarily be that warm the entire period....could be just at the start and it drops or vice versa, we don't know

it's probably short lived as it's the max of just the three hour period and the two surrounding it are a good ~3-6 colder. that said, 95 area doesn't look too good at the sfc. 

4km NAM. 0.5" bullseye over Alex/S. Arlington/DCA/SE FFX.

This looks great! Early season we had the under busts, but late winter and spring has been all about over producing! Anyone know how many 4+" storms we have had overall this year compared to 2009-2010? It's something I have been wondering.

This looks great! Early season we had the under busts, but late winter and spring has been all about over producing! Anyone know how many 4+" storms we have had overall this year compared to 2009-2010? It's something I have been wondering.

At DCA 2 this winter 4 that. Tho if you lower it to 3.8" 4 in both. ;)  But that one had three ten+ inchers even at the pits of hell which wins I guess.

Archived