Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014

Animal

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should probably post here. Less bickering in this forum plus having discussion with people who are getting a lot of snow is basically the same as getting it, as long as I don't look out the window. So I'm expecting 10-14"

:snowing: I pretty much lived in the Buffalo thread last week. Nothing like living vicariously.

how do you think our area makes out your basically 10 miles or so to my west.  I am thinking 2-4 maybe 3-5 type deal

yea, I wish i was in north Rockland. I think it'll make a big difference this go-around.. I was thinking within that range you have.. .more or less... definitely not the 6-10 inches Upton is calling for right now.. sometimes I think Rockland needs to be split up into 2 zones

yea, I wish i was in north Rockland. I think it'll make a big difference this go-around.. I was thinking within that range you have.. .more or less... definitely not the 6-10 inches Upton is calling for right now.. sometimes I think Rockland needs to be split up into 2 zones

As small as that county it really is 2 different worlds. Lower Rockland is a complete snow hole where as places up near Stony Point, Pomona do quite well

yea that looks way overdone i would be happy with 2-4 inches only wildcard is if we get into heavier banding

As small as that county it really is 2 different worlds. Lower Rockland is a complete snow hole where as places up near Stony Point, Pomona do quite well

I think you can say that about a lot of the counties up here. I imagine that Julian, roughly 15 miles east of me, gets several more inches of snow per year than I do in the valley. Same thing can be said for 15 miles south of me in the Hudson highlands. Especially true in early and late season storms.

I think you can say that about a lot of the counties up here. I imagine that Julian, roughly 15 miles east of me, gets several more inches of snow per year than I do in the valley. Same thing can be said for 15 miles south of me in the Hudson highlands. Especially true in early and late season storms.

In Orange County its pretty uniform with 45-50" averages throughout. The only exceptions being right along the Hudson ( New Windsor, Cornwall on the Hudson, City of Newburgh) which are probably in the 40" territory. Then you have the Shawangunk Ridge ( Otisville, Greenville) & the Hudson Highlands ( Monroe, Highland Mills, Harriman) which are closer to the 55" range

Archived