SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 11-12th Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only reason I'm not punting is out of respect to the EURO ensembles. But I think at the very least the abandoning of the main southern stream s/w in the desert SW is a credible solution.

more or less the same thinking here, as soon as the Euro capitulates to lameness, it's probably safe to punt...just too much of a thread the needle event.

just a northern stream turd, look at the 500 mb vort in the middle of the gulf

It's always ****ing something in the way of getting a decently wound up storm this season. If it's not the PV from hell in Canada, it's what's in the Gulf for this system.

This system looks quite impressive when it enters the west coast, then basically turns to crap as the POS in the Gulf won't allow it to dig/progress any further east. And it's in the worst possible position to hope for a phase job (the POS in the gulf and the system entering the west coast) so our system won't get completely ripped to shreds.

Euro came north a bit...looking good..

The current 12z ECMWF says that there will be a 994mb low in Kentucky with heavy precip. 850mb temps go below freezing in northern Ohio and Indiana.  I wonder if this storm will slam Indy-Toledo-Cleveland (yet again) with snow. (18z March 12 to 06z March 13th.) Since it is March, I won't count on any particular model solution this far out.

18z GFS cutting low from central KS towards PAH (1002mb). Not a lot of precip in the cold sector. Actually not much in the warm sector either. 

Central and northern IN into OH, extreme southern MI stand the best chance on this run to get snow.

...some snow in IL south of I-80. 

18z GFS cutting low from central KS towards PAH (1002mb). Not a lot of precip in the cold sector. Actually not much in the warm sector either. 

Central and northern IN into OH, extreme southern MI stand the best chance on this run to get snow.

...some snow in IL south of I-80. 

12Z Euro and Latest GFS very similar in projected path. Won't have model consensus until Monday/Tues.

gfs10.jpg

Archived