joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 11-12th Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a rain to snow system with rain being dominant this far south. Milwaukee on northward could see a watch. Maybe a MSN special.

unless this is 100% northern stream (ie lame) system, a MSN special isn't happening. right now support for a late phase is growing, and i'd favor areas south and east.

unless this is 100% northern stream (ie lame) system, a MSN special isn't happening. right now support for a late phase is growing, and i'd favor areas south and east.

What.

Support for a late phase is growing? Only the EURO shows a low that far south and it came NW from 0z. GGEM is N, and 18z GFS went NW from 12z GFS.

People rooting for the storm to miss them...and some for it to jackpot them. Should be some stellar analysis in the coming days.

Maybe people should post analysis instead of ignorant wishcasts or downplays that add nothing to the conversation.

Maybe people should post analysis instead of ignorant wishcasts or downplays that add nothing to the conversation.

Should be some of those classic times where, as the model runs is initializing, you will have someone posting "NAM looks south and colder" while another at the exact same second posts "NAM looks north and warmer".

The AO could point to what this system could do. It dips briefly around that time frame to +1. Could have a NW cutter, but I could see the low tracking close to Chicago or north IN as well.

I think the EURO is a bit south in this setup.

Should be some of those classic times where, as the model runs is initializing, you will have someone posting "NAM looks south and colder" while another at the exact same second posts "NAM looks north and warmer".

If it gets ugly we can start a separate thread ... keep one for those interested in the storm and have a separate thread for those done with winter and just do all that wish-casting crap there.

There's already a banter/complaint thread.

Normally I would agree but there is a definite large split right now with people on the forum.  a) People who want a storm and still hope for snow.  b ) People who want this winter to end at all cost (less an major/EPIC event).

It might be nice have a storm tread with good discussion and then have a storm tread the 'haters' can do all the wish-casting.

Normally I would agree but there is a definite large split right now with people on the forum.  a) People who want a storm and still hope for snow.  b ) People who want this winter to end at all cost (less an major/EPIC event).

It might be nice have a storm tread with good discussion and then have a storm tread the 'haters' can do all the wish-casting.

This is a storm thread for analysis and tracking of the system. The banter about wanting or not wanting it can go elsewhere...

Naa...The banter/complaint thread was already a step towards SNE-like nonsense threads. We don't need another.

I'm not seeing anything to suggest a phase early enough for the main low to cut far enough NW for a MSN special...could happen but it's one of the lower probability solutions on the table. Northern stream may do some work over WI but IMO any shot at a ripping defo band will be further SE where phase timing looks more favorable (obv lower than usual confidence given the cutoff). I'd favor IND-DTW-YYZ for the time being.

Archived