• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 12 -14 Potential Storm

NEG NAO

People can't compare what happened with the last storm to this by the way because the PNA will be positive versus negative and there's actually a storm versus more of a sheared wave.

Not just the last one i can name about 5 this year where it had way over amped runs to cave...it actully did really well on only one where the gfs was out to lunch the entire storm

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hour 138 low over Central Virginia. Heavy pouring snow I-80 and points north. Rain NYC south and east.

with a low in central VA and a strong high in southeast canada  ( the reason the Euro has to run the storm south of us ) areas north of route 70 will be mainly snow - maybe a mix at the start - same as the GFS except a much stronger storm

This is feet of snow for the Lower Hudson Valley, Upstate NY and PA into New England.

The coast flips over half way through the storm. NNJ is somewhere in between. Mostly frozen north of I-80.

Sub 984mb just east of Cape Cod hour 150.

Good wrap around moisture too. Kind of reminds me of 2/25/10?

022400.png

This is a big storm on the Euro. A little more east and this would be a HECS for the coast. SNE and Inland areas get crushed. The coast gets a lot of slop and then snow at the end.

This is a HECS, maybe not for NYC, but the east coast contains more than NYC. Euro snow maps show 12-15" from Western PA to Maine at 10:1.

hr 144 988 hugging the nj coast..huge hit for areas of nw jersey into sne

Rain/snow line on this run sounds like exactly where one would expect it from a climo perspective in mid-March.  Sure everything will change by early next week but sounds good for us NW NJ folks for now.

This is feet of snow for the Lower Hudson Valley, Upstate NY and PA into New England.

The coast flips over half way through the storm. NNJ is somewhere in between. Mostly frozen north of I-80.

Sub 984mb just east of Cape Cod hour 150.

Good wrap around moisture too. Kind of reminds me of 2/25/10?

022400.png

If the storm swung into Boston and did a loop over us than yes...otherwise no

snow maps 2-4 for the coast and 12+ from ALB-north

4-8 northern nj

KNYC   HR 132 850`s Minus 1  surface  34    HR 138 - and HR 144   the 0  is line at 850  through NYC and its 33 at the surface . 

Soooooooooooo close and since it`s  Day 5 please behave everyone , its great to track this . Regardless of outcome 

Archived