• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 12 -14 Potential Storm

NEG NAO

No way of proving but this storm will follow most of the others this year and be very much like the GFS and maybe even furthur south. I would expect teh Euro to start backing off by Sunday at the latest

If the Euro shows a Wrapped up bomb til Sunday that will be for 5 or 6 days straight backing off than would be like a gut punch. Why can't the GFS come closer to the Euro solution instead of vice versa. After last storm I don't trust the GFS at all It teased us with a bomb for 5 days than backed off starting 72 hours before showtime. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Makes sense, the StormVista maps don't have a great 500mb depiction.

Yeah, I like the detail of 500 vort maps on the Wunderground site. Goes show how easy it would

be for the energy to sw to keep the trough more pos tilt than the Euro is showing and let

the low slip further south and not as deep.

The Euro handles the ridge out West and PV similarly to the GFS/Ukmet. I expect the Euro will converge to those solutions.

I saw no indication thus far that the Euro is even remotely close to caving to a GFS solution, or god forbid, a GGEM or UKMET solution.

The Euro is much sharper and amplified with the energy while it's in the Pacific northwest. We might have to wait for the energy to come onshore again and that won't be until Monday.

If the Euro shows a Wrapped up bomb til Sunday that will be for 5 or 6 days straight backing off than would be like a gut punch. Why can't the GFS come closer to the Euro solution instead of vice versa. After last storm I don't trust the GFS at all It teased us with a bomb for 5 days than backed off starting 72 hours before showtime. 

The Euro and GFS showed an 8"+ snow event here for many runs, for 2-3 days before the last sheared out, crushed storm. Anything can still really happen here.

I just went back and looked again at the 00z ECWMF ensemble mean. It's very similar to the 12z Euro op except even more northwest and warmer. That's a pretty good argument against a flat solution.

This far it's not an arguement at all. As we all know to far out to have any meaning

I just went back and looked again at the 00z ECWMF ensemble mean. It's very similar to the 12z Euro op except even more northwest and warmer. That's a pretty good argument against a flat solution.

What?

How is it similar but further north and warmer at the sAme time?

00z ens have rain to the Berkshire

Archived