joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 7-8th Potential Coastal Storm Discussion

REDMK6GLI

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're banking that off of one Euro run that keeps the storm traffic over the southeast. How about we shift that 7"+ QPF bullseye two hundred miles further north and see what you think then?

Also hate to break it to you but you should allow the run to play out, because we have over running and then a miller B with snow day 8.

Have fun getting a day 8-9 snowstorm on the 12 Z ECM Euro ...How did the 12 -20 inches shown for March 1st work out for you that the ECM showed in its longer range? Never bank on something in the long range and you will save yourself major disappointment...

Have fun getting a day 8-9 snowstorm on the 12 Z ECM Euro ...How did the 12 -20 inches shown for March 1st work out for you that the ECM showed in its longer range? Never bank on something in the long range and you will save yourself major disappointment...

I'm not banking on a large snowstorm, and quite frankly I'd be more than happy with just continued storm chances.

You made it sound like the Euro was completely dry through day ten. That's incorrect. It's cold and wet and stormy throughout, with multiple chances.

I'm not banking on a large snowstorm, and quite frankly I'd be more than happy with just continued storm chances.

You made it sound like the Euro was completely dry through day ten. That's incorrect. It's cold and wet and stormy throughout, with multiple chances.

Incorrect.. I stated that at day 7 temperatures get into the 50s in SE PA and we were dry thru that period and that any precipitation would not come till the END of the run ..which is day 8-9 which is at the end of the run .. And in the meantime it would be dry and seasonable to above seasonable , after the first few cold days this week.. Which is exactly what the model is showing verbatim.

The prior low can not come up the coast because it gets trapped under neath ridging while ridging is also pushing in from the west.. 

So verbatim the ECM there is NOT multiple chances but only ONE and thats in its fantasy land time frame!

I hope you enjoy that storms as much as you enjoyed today's. So far out and it will be close to spring

No need to be overly bitter or pessimistic just because we missed out on this storm.

The 500mb pattern doesn't support Spring like temps. We get through he whole run without breaking 50 once.

Incorrect.. I stated that at day 7 temperatures get into the 50s in SE PA and we were dry thru that period and that any precipitation would not come till the END of the run ..which is day 8-9 which is at the end of the run .. And in the meantime it would be dry and seasonable to above seasonable , after the first few cold days this week.. Which is exactly what the model is showing verbatim.

The prior low can not come up the coast because it gets trapped under neath ridging while ridging is also pushing in from the west.. 

So verbatim the ECM there is NOT multiple chances but only ONE and thats in its fantasy land time frame!

I don't have to look any further than today's GGEM run to show you the multitude of different solutions still on the table.

And if we do manage to get a low to cut off to our southwest like the Euro has been hinting at, watch out.

f96.gif

I see .5" total QPF over the next ten days for my neck of the woods. Good to see continued storm chances, but verbatim that run was about as ugly as they come if you're looking for a grand finale, heh.

Obviously the Euro taken as verbatim does keep the heavy rain chances confined to the Carolinas, but has this year taught you anything?

I don't see any interaction between the northern and southern branch here . If it's shunted it's colder than normal and dry but if the center makes it up this far north I am of the opinion that the northern stream would just pushed west and you would rain in most areas.

I just don't think it's a threat at all . Hate to be a party pooper but I'm not even a little on board. Sorry to offend.

Archived