joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 4-10th Clippers/Hybrids

Chicago Storm

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the GFS showed 12"+ here that it forecasted with this latest system. I think I will side with sub advisory level at this point. Just saying...

EURO shows a thin stripe of 1-2", maybe 3". Axis roughly from Decorah to Monroe, MI.

After the GFS showed 12"+ here that it forecasted with this latest system. I think I will side with sub advisory level at this point. Just saying...

EURO shows a thin stripe of 1-2", maybe 3". Axis roughly from Decorah to Monroe, MI.

Go 2-5. You'll be safe.

Not saying GFS is right but the Euro was pretty awful with yesterdays storm as well.

Both were, though the GFS did eventually get it right. The Euro never did, it was too low with the snowfall accumulations and QPF.

GFS was probably the most consistent, it ended up a little dry but was consistently showing 2.-.3 or so, where the Euro was obv too dry and the NAM had some lol-wet runs as usual. SREF mean ended up money for ORD, like it has most of the winter.

GFS was probably the most consistent, it ended up a little dry but was consistently showing 2.-.3 or so, where the Euro was obv too dry and the NAM had some lol-wet runs as usual. SREF mean ended up money for ORD, like it has most of the winter.

Yeah the SREF did pretty well here, all things considered. I know some tend to toss the SREF but it has done well. The Euro though... :yikes:

Did you see though how at 12z yesterday GFS actually cut DTWs qpf to 0.11"! It instantly upped it to 0.29" at 18z (which was still too low) but it was still a big old wtf.

Yeah I did, but I don't get hung up on one model run, especially when it inexplicably cuts the QPF without merit. 

2-4", maybe 5". That's how I'll go for now.

ORD might as well go after the big dog now. Only 16.4" to break above the 89.7" record.

I think setting a new 2 place (9.0" needed) amount this season is very likely. ~90%

GGEM still showing that storm for this weekend. Little bit colder than 12z too.

The Region Precipitation Type portion of the Gem did very well in these parts. It has done so for some time...... Not perfect but much better than most.

A few more of these systems and people are going to explode. Seen a lady taking the snow frustration out on her snow brush yesterday on her new black Cadillac. Poor car !!!!

Archived