Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
March 2-4 Snowstorm Potential Part 3

Sickman

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow.  NJ just closed all state courts and judiciary offices and cancelled all court proceedings for tomorrow due to the impending "winter storm."  Some of these courthouses might not even see accumulating snow tomorrow.  

And of course they'll blame it on the "bad" forecasts from the NWS and other meteorologists.  This one will wrongfully hurt the reputation of the meteorological community.

You have to be kidding me, I was yelling all Friday about how even though it still showed 4-8" for NYC or whatever that I thought this would continue shifting south. Go back and look.

This was your exact post about the 12z gfs:

"Not sure how anyone here could be happy about that shift. Make the same shift again tonight and we'll be in the same boat as New England."

Hate to say I told you so but I have to say it. When the 12z GFS shifted way south on Friday in one run I knew this wasn't going to end well. People need to stop assuming that the models will always shift back north at the last minute.

You were correct. I fully expected it too based on different reasons; ie march storms usually fizzle here, admittedly for different reasons. I don't think they knowhow to handle March storms, but I have seen many busts over the years in March, to where really until recently I just ignored snow talk in march.

Lol wow this backs my point nicely. Is this real did governor Christie order a state of emergency for New Jersey for "all new jerseyans to please stay off the roads for heavy snow and hazardous travel tonight" even the governor still thinks it's going to snow because he is going off the nws forecast from this afternoon, and all state offices are closed Monday.. For flurries !! I'm so happy he did this it really shows something needs to be done with NWS

What a disaster.  2/3 of the state will have nothing...wow...

Lol wow this backs my point nicely. Is this real did governor Christie order a state of emergency for New Jersey for "all new jerseyans to please stay off the roads for heavy snow and hazardous travel tonight" even the governor still thinks it's going to snow because he is going off the nws forecast from this afternoon, and all state offices are closed Monday.. For flurries !! I'm so happy he did this it really shows something needs to be done with NWS

he didn't know anything about it one of his staff did that.....

Go back and look at my other posts.

I did. Not a single one has you claiming this would continue and miss us all. You said you feared it, you even mentioned rt 94 (maybe theres another one in south jersey?), but you certainly didnt make any definitive remarks that can somehow, in any way, be construed as you "telling us" this would definitely miss us.

Archived