Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
March 2-4 Snowstorm Potential Part 3

Sickman

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You think so? I thought we had a pretty good idea a few days out?

Wait, was that the Larry Cosgrove inch of ice storm?

It was a tough one but there was a lot of sleet and hazardous driving which is more than happened today; worse was the later March storm which was almost identical when a nose of warm air killed itfor NYC metro but other areas got a decent snow. New England had the snows those years in 07 and 08 IIRC.

I did. Not a single one has you claiming this would continue and miss us all. You said you feared it, you even mentioned rt 94 (maybe theres another one in south jersey?), but you certainly didnt make any definitive remarks that can somehow, in any way, be construed as you "telling us" this would definitely miss us.

Who would make a definite statement like that at day 4? I gave a detailed post about Rt 94 which runs through Warwick probably being the northern cut off for snow.

What are we even arguing about? It was all the Monmouth county folks and NYC folks grasping to GFS and Euro runs that continually declined.

Who would make a definite statement like that at day 4? I gave a detailed post about Rt 94 which runs through Warwick probably being the northern cut off for snow.

What are we even arguing about? It was all the Monmouth county folks and NYC folks grasping to GFS and Euro runs that continually declined.

You came in here claiming you called this friday at 10:30 am. That simply isnt true. Im not arguing anything. Im pointing out the untruth.

You came in here claiming you called this friday at 10:30 am. That simply isnt true. Im not arguing anything. Im pointing out the untruth.

By saying I told you so I'm saying that I had every right to start sounding the alarms when I did. And people like AllSnow and Snow88 were going on and on about how this run still shows a big snow storm for NYC, and I kept saying that I wouldn't be surprised if this continued to shift south on future runs.

march 2001 was way worse. i know LI and CT did fairly well but it was nothing compared to what was forecast a few days prior

This is now a major bust – not relative to the 10" or more early "forecasts" 72 hours ago, but relative to the 4-8" forecasts for North Jersey/NYC/LI and the 6-10" forecasts (by the NWS and most of the major media) for Central Jersey and the Philly/South Jersey area (north of AC) as recently as 12-18 hours ago - most of these locations are going to get an inch or two to maybe 4" from Philly to Toms River and points south of there – but even those areas may not make it to 4”.

It’s not quite a bust in the league of the worst bust ever – March 2001, where 1-2 feet of snow were still being forecast for the entire area right up until the storm started (and we got 1” of sleet in Edison and no real major snow until one went up to the Hudson Valley/CT), but it’s pretty bad. And the worst part is meteorology, in general, is going to take a big black eye during a season when I thought the NWS and most of the good pros did pretty well. Sucks on many levels.

Because there's a banter thread for arguing over who called the south shift first and who interpreted what first?

well, if the argument is about the models for the storm and how they were perceived, perhaps there should be a postmortem thread. Otherwise IMO it should be here. Is there something going on now with the storm or models that we are missing right now because the thread is cluttered with banter? Do tell....

Its not a bust if you belieced the trends....4 day away model runs are not forecasts and should not be hugged...the trends kept cutting back qpf as he got closer....how is that busting.....people chose to ignore those trends and go with snowier totals and nws was afraid to jump

Its a bust if you forecast 6-12" and got nothing whether it be 4 days out or 1.

You must be 10 because 98 and 02 were far worse

Oh my they were bad, and in 02 places like Atlanta had snow. 97 and 99 were also bad. I did not use the snowblower after 96 until Dec 2000.

Exactly I'm getting tired of answering will we have school tomorrow to this second.. I'm saying yes! And they are like but the weatherbug said 4-6" this morning. I say ya 4-6 flurries.. Guess where weatherbug gets there data.. upton!! This can all be avoided with the weather service updating there forecast exactly when we all know what the forecasts is. Millions of people have weatherbug on there phones! Irresponsible

NWS is a tiny fraction of the reasons for stupidity in NJ.  Not fair to blame them.

Archived