• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per the new (non-additive) criteria (measured at ~7:45 am) -

Total final depth = 9.25" (compacted)

----

But for old school purposes -

Round 1 snow/sleet (final before the rain) = 7.50"

Round 2 snow/sleet (taken this morning from previously cleared/shoveled spot after round 1) = 3.25"

Total cumulative = 10.75"

So lost about 1 1/2" due to compaction and the couple hours of rain and melting we had before round 2.

Warrington, Bucks County, PA.   

Round 1  - 8.2

Round 2  - 1.8

Total   - 10"

Not only was QPF wasted on rain, it was also wasted on snow falling for probably 1/2 hour on a soaking wet surface that was probably slightly above freezing.

There was a lot of gelatinous mess out there that I could NOT get up with snowblower or shovel.   I'll let the February sun take care of the rest.

I have no idea what I got last night although it was some of the heaviest snow I've ever seen. GD or one of those spotters near me can tell although Agnes maybe right with his 10.7 I thought we would get lightning snow where the snow is electrified by lightning, then falls and electrocutes anything it touches.

In more serious news, there is a massive pile up on the Turnpike near Bensalem. CNN is covering it.

I have no idea what I got last night although it was some of the heaviest snow I've ever seen. GD or one of those spotters near me can tell although Agnes maybe right with his 10.7 I thought we would get lightning snow where the snow is electrified by lightning, then falls and electrocutes anything it touches.

In more serious news, there is a massive pile up on the Turnpike near Bensalem. CNN is covering it.

200 car accident and tanker leaking fuel

200 car accident and tanker leaking fuel

Just seen pictures on TWC....looks like something that would happen down south who are not accustomed to snow/ice and such. Since it was raining when many people were in bed....then they woke up to snow on the road probably screwed them up. (rushing to get to work)

Hopefully the injuries are minor and treating them as critical is just a precaution. On my drive to work many main (non highway) roads were partially covered with hard packed slush. It's melting fast but starting to create lots of ponding due to blocked drains. Not to mention hiding the potholes. The worst part of 422 this am were the idiots who have 8" of snow and ice on top of their cars. Chunks going everywhere.

Archived