• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13-2/14/2014 2nd Half Major Coastal Storm Discusson/Observations

Rib

Except it's not just a thin band now. This is why I was shaking my head at you guys throwing in the towel, look at everything that's coming east now. Granted it may not be the ridiculous amounts some models were showing, but maybe that was never realistic to begin with.u2a8ysaq.jpg

Yup -That band is convective.  Got my first thunder snow of the season.  Absolutely puking snow trying to make up for the dry slotting.  Originally plowed, salted, and wet streets are now completely covered.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NWS call looks great. 3-5 tonight would put me in their 14-18 band east of lambertville. Picked up around 10-12" this morning, never got out to measure before it compacted w/ the rain and eye-balling on the cleared table on the deck

Where was this tonight? This is what I was looking forward to.

Even had some lightning and thunder with it at about 10:55....

Just saw another flash although it was bluish so it might have been a blown transformer nearby. :(

Edit - that may have been the flash that others are reporting  I didn't hear any thunder with this one but definitely saw the flash due NE of me up Willow Grove way.

This makes up for it in my mind, saw lightning and just heard thunder and some of the heaviest snow i've seen.

I was in Mt. Airy for Feb 9-10 2010 and we had multiple lightning and crashes of thunder. Most I've seen in a storm. When I used to live in SW PA, we would get squalls of this intensity that would last for 15 minutes.

Even had some lightning and thunder with it at about 10:55....

Just saw another flash although it was bluish so it might have been a blown transformer nearby. :(

Edit - that may have been the flash that others are reporting  I didn't hear any thunder with this one but definitely saw the flash due NE of me up Willow Grove way.

im right next door to you in mount airy and saw it, so it was lightning. in fact there was thunder and lightning right this second as I was typing lol.

I was in Mt. Airy for Feb 9-10 2010 and we had multiple lightning and crashes of thunder. Most I've seen in a storm. When I used to live in SW PA, we would get squalls of this intensity that would last for 15 minutes.

yeah, i actually saw it last year when i was in NY for work during the February storm.  This snow may even be harder though.  The radar doesn't look so bad right now, either.

Archived