joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12z Models 2/11/2014 | Potential Major Coastal Storm

earthlight

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would u favor the nam? Cause it shows what u want?... It hasn't had a consistent run yet, the nam has flip flopped from east west for 7 straight runs... I find it funny no one is in favor of the euro that's clearly had this storm for days without wavering lol

No because the NAM has a higher resolution, it's more in line with what the other guidance is showing (at least in terms of QPF and dynamics), and the GFS has been pretty lost and out on its own with this storm all along.  How could a bombing out closed low tracking near the BM generate such little precipitation?

No because the NAM has a higher resolution, it's more in line with what the other guidance is showing (at least in terms of QPF and dynamics), and the GFS has been pretty lost and out on its own with this storm all along. How could a bombing out closed low tracking near the BM generate such little precipitation?

Were talking low placement... NAM hasn't had a single consecutive run in terms of low placement... Let's all be honest if the euro was showing a further east track for 3 days now everyone in here would be throwing the nam out lol

Ukie looks fine...much better than last night and good QPF with the 850's just getting into the city for a brief period of time.

The GFS, interestingly, is showing mostly snow on the precipitation-type graphics on wxbell. Not sure on accuracy but the soundings aren't as terrible as I figured they would be either.

No other model is showing such a lack of QPF or dynamics and the gfs has basically been an outlier this entire time but the track looks really good and similar to other models.

A faster closing off like Euro would have the CCB further SW than this run is showing.

The GFS and NAM are still playing catch up to euro idea of faster close off. The trends

today were important and we can fill in details tonight and tomorrow.

Ukie looks fine...much better than last night and good QPF with the 850's just getting into the city for a brief period of time.

The GFS, interestingly, is showing mostly snow on the precipitation-type graphics on wxbell. Not sure on accuracy but the soundings aren't as terrible as I figured they would be either.

the UKIE looks like it cuts down a good bit on mixing east of NYC as well if my eyes aren't deceiving me john

This is what my take away is  the NAM is a jackpot solution , the UKIE is much better than last nite , and the GFS  track is great 

and except for it hour 54 panel where it loses the precip intensity , so far no major jog west or cave .

Think we are tick better now than we were this AM ,  obv  like everyone else , waitin on Euro 

Archived