joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12z Models 2/11/2014 | Potential Major Coastal Storm

earthlight

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The spread lessened pretty considerably from the 03z run.

Absolutely.  Love this look.  It's not nearly as pointed towards a NJ coast hugger, but still has spread to the northwest.  I wouldn't actually mind seeing the SREF surface verify a little further northwest than the mean, which is what the spread indicates now.  Love it for Central NJ and NYC.

Absolutely.  Love this look.  It's not nearly as pointed towards a NJ coast hugger, but still has spread to the northwest.  I wouldn't actually mind seeing the SREF surface verify a little further northwest than the mean, which is what the spread indicates now.  Love it for Central NJ and NYC.

How can anybody really complain if there's a period of light mix or dryslot after a huge thump of snow and then potentially a nice period of snow behind with the 500mb closed low? The 850s surge north as most of the initial precip is done. The same places in some of these, like Jan 26, 2011, that mixed ended up with the highest regional totals. The closed low likely won't deliver 12" of snow like that did, but a few more inches is possible with the backlash. I'm liking where pretty much all of us sit here.

My high res Precip type graphics for the SREF show rain as far NW as Morristown between hours 63 and 69 before collapsing the rain snow line back to the southeast.

Those are not high res graphics on storm vista when I can count the amount of pixels on the screen. Wait for the p-type probabilities on wxbell or ewall. 

Archived