Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 12-13 Storm, Part II

stormtracker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's better to be sure....12z was quite a good run...I think people just feared it would jog west again..

true.. i think this was about our perfect scenario here though. and the shift east/colder was a big part of what makes it. no one wants to see the apps bullseye around here.

plus if it's spitting out 2" on the regular maybe someone will test 3".

Temps thursday afternoon are 33-34 for most everybody verbatim. Not really a big deal. We all expected it. It's going to stick hard to trees and everything else. if the winds howl there cold be problems. I think pepco cut down all the trees in MD so I might be ok. 

yeah, power outages is what I thought about too

I hate that and it happens here a lot due to the old trees

true.. i think this was about our perfect scenario here though. and the shift east/colder was a big part of what makes it. no one wants to see the central bullseye around here.

plus if it's spitting out 2" on the regular maybe someone will test 3".

I'd like to see a 25-50 mi jog east....this track if things dont go right, you mix too much....there is little margin for error.....but the upside is astronomical

I'd like to see a 25-50 mi jog east....this track if things dont go right, you mix too much....there is little margin for error.....but the upside is astronomical

I'm a lot less worried about a big qpf sleet dumpster waste than I was 24 hours ago. I honestly think this euro run marks the far western edge of the envelope. There is way too much compelling evidence that any shift will be east and not west. And the Kocin map speaks for itself. 

Temps thursday afternoon are 33-34 for most everybody verbatim. Not really a big deal. We all expected it. It's going to stick hard to trees and everything else. if the winds howl there cold be problems. I think pepco cut down all the trees in MD so I might be ok. 

I think if it plays out as modeled tonight some areas could go slightly above freezing some time in the late morning but then crash when they get into the comma head. That band portrayed between 18z and 00z looks fierce and I can't see temps above freezing for those in that band. When the storm winds down temps may rise again a bit. Tonight's run actually showed my area the warmest at 00z friday when the storm is ending.

I'm a lot less worried about a big qpf sleet dumpster waste than I was 24 hours ago. I honestly think this euro run marks the far western edge of the envelope. There is way too much compelling evidence that any shift will be east and not west. And the Kocin map speaks for itself. 

If you dont mind me asking, where is the Kocin map? I cant find it.

With all the heavy wet snow there will be a LOT of damage to pine trees in particular, pines will just bend then snap. In the January 2011 psuhoffman storm, we got 5.5 inches of heavy wet snow. It did grievous damage to pines. What this behemoth snowstorm will do to trees here with a foot or more of wet snow - I can't imagine.

Archived