12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February 13-14 Potential Snowstorm II

earthlight

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully we can start to lock this in later today (probably tonight on the 0z suite-and by "lock in" I mean that there will be a major storm impacting the area, not ptype, etc), as models should have the relevant data sampled well.

I'd say we're locked in now. Exact track and ptype will take a while longer..though I think tucked in to the coast or BM are the 2 most likely scenarios

I look at the 500mb at 84-93 hours and expect to see a ton of moisture over Philly-NYC, but its really light (though there were some improvements in terms of VVs compared to 6z)

You will have a 993 sitting off the jersey coast, the 95 area will be crushed under the Ccb. Stop worrying about qpf

The GGEM/GFS continue to show the CCB precip dying out even as the low bombs. Could a met. explain why this is happening? 

The northern stream energy is pressing down on the flow and acting as confluence. It comes down to how strong the kicker ends up versus how strong the energy is at H5 over the southeast. Timing is another factor. Personally I think this ends up as one mega band with not much to the west or northwest of wherever it sets up.

Archived