Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you take a look at the gefs, several individuals look promising for at least SOME wintry weather.

I wonder if the SEVERE lack of any consistency is a clue to expect the unexpected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robert said the models are struggling big time with the pattern.  We can probably expect big swings as they try to figure it out.

If you take a look at the gefs, several individuals look promising for at least SOME wintry weather.

I wonder if the SEVERE lack of any consistency is a clue to expect the unexpected?

Agree. Several models have pointed to this time frame. I think the double barrel look returns. Makes sense with the pattern. 12z almost showed it again. With no blocking, easily could go west. Storms have charged into cold HPs before. Seems unlikely. Bet this reverts back to a hybrid Miller B. I thought the GFS sent too much energy west of the Apps. Still, the 12z run is less of an outlier when compared to earlier runs. The 0z was a new solution and flipped back by 12z. DT discusses this on FB.

I was just looking at 500 when the euro was coming in and it looked decent with a west coast ridge starting to pop between 120-144, sending our energy diving southeast. Then at 168 we lost some of that ridging and all we ended up with was a positive long wave trough swinging through. If we had continued to build the ridging out west beyond 144 I think the downstream solution would have been MUCH different. Oh well, lots to sort out. Glad I am not a met.

18z GFS regained its composure and the double barrel low next Sunday has reappeared. Could be a significant storm for the East late next weekend. We shall in future runs see how the TN Valley fits in. Also a little impulse rides up just prior to this which woud signal a light snow event, hr 117. Keep an eye on it. First I have seen this feature.

18z GFS regained its composure and the double barrel low next Sunday has reappeared. Could be a significant storm for the East late next weekend. We shall in future runs see how the TN Valley fits in. Also a little impulse rides up just prior to this which woud signal a light snow event, hr 117. Keep an eye on it. First I have seen this feature.

I noticed what you were saying about 117 also,the Euro has it also but it's to warm

I can't wait for you guys to get up and tell me what the Euro says. From what I read in the SE Forum a cross between an Apps Runner/Miller B or a Hybrid Miller B. I read the thread again and you guys weren't too upset at that look, but they lost their joy from the GFS. GaWx said no snow for anyone in the SE, but the Nashville Forecast Discussion mentions chances for snow next weekend and though not as optimistic, MRX does, too. And both were written after both models were run and it mentions them. So I don't know if it's just losing the bomb in Central-Western NC that made them unhappy, or if we all lost it.

I'm hoping Tennessee kept what they lost since the NWS guys aren't dismissing it yet, though temps are an issue to them and precip isn't at this time. I started to copy it here but figured you'd all read it anyway. Wait until you see how much MRX wrote.

John, you picked a fine time for your two hour sleep :)

Archived