• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

0z Euro didn't show the mid-week snow but does have nice looking event lining up at hour 240.  The op run is still chilly for next week but the ensembles are downright frigid, especially for the eastern valley.  I will not be surprised if we start seeing some interesting things (colorful clowns) on the Doc within the next few days.  The weekly EPS indicated all sorts of potential.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pattern looks good again....just be patient in seeing the details...whatever comes out over the next few days won't be the verbatim truth but as long as it keeps the big arctic high and the energy undercutting it through the SE....something good should happen for someone.

12z Euro continues to beat the drum...1052mb high over the northern Plains on March 1....."This is the winter that never ends....it just goes on and on my friends"   Don't get fixated on the storm track at this time...still a low running the gulf...winter storm on the northern fringes still looks good....

12z Euro continues to beat the drum...1052mb high over the northern Plains on March 1....."This is the winter that never ends....it just goes on and on my friends"   Don't get fixated on the storm track at this time...still a low running the gulf...winter storm on the northern fringes still looks good....

I agree Mr. Bob,  if there is just a little more spacing b/w that storm and the one on its heels, could turn out to be a very nice storm for many on our forum. speaking of the one on it's heels, wonder if it gets crushed or becomes a possible round 2? 

12Z runs were a little more kind than the 00Z runs though the Euro just really squelched it over night. We still have a decent shot at something this time period. I am kinda surprised the Euro was so confined in its precip shield given that the Arctic high is weaker and not as far south....GFS just overpowers the late week system and brings single digits and teens to our area. I find this the less attractive alternative as the GFS is prone to this mistake...and of course I don't want to spend all week prepping for another round of high demand...awful quiet in here as it seems winter burnout has taken hold...

The models are waffling all over the place with the next week or so but the southern stream is somewhat active. 

The last few runs of each model have shown various 2-4 inch snows for both the western half and the eastern half of the Valley. 

Today the 12z GGEM was kind to most of us, with probably a general 1-3 inch snow fall over most of the Tennessee Valley except around Chattanooga. 

There is an excellent southern track with a fairly strong LP on the Euro and the GGEM but the precip shield is very small, especially on the Euro. I honestly don't see that small a precip shield with a LP sitting over Southern Louisiana tracking to N Florida. It did come a little further north with the shield at 12z vs 00z.

The Euro at 00z showed a fairly long duration of light snow across the area around Wednesday  but backed off some at 12z. 

storms going through N/FL will never be a storm for mid to west of the valley,especially with a basic zonal flow if you want to see snow,yeah there would be a over running event more than the models show but without even looking you'd see a big WAA at the upper levels.Also the AO is still + so i even question how much cold there would be into next weekend

Might be time for you all to look at the 0z Euro. Showed potential on several occasions. I am not referring to qpf but to actual pieces of energy in the pattern. Big improvement...now, I am looking at 24 hr low resolution maps....check hr 72, 144, an 216. 72 looks light. 144 looks like a slider and snow. 216 looks like a signal for a slp out of the Gulf

12z Euro run signals a continued winter pattern through at least day 10 for the TN Valley. Details are uncertain, bit split flow is the theme.

EPS looked much better today on the 12z,,3 or 4 shots.Hopefully it sticks with it.Teles look better, looks like some help with the EPO and the spag plots on the GEFS AO looks to be headed -.Looking at the 2'm's on the EPS it would back it also.

We're getting to the point of needed big anomalies to get wintry weather in non-elevated parts of the Valley. Especially far south and far west. Fortunately late Feb/Early March is when the atmosphere starts energizing and if we can get cold air in place, it's prone to have explosive results when they do meet. Be it severe or heavy snow. 

The huge events across the entire Valley tend to be in November and March. 

0z Euro deterministic gives far NW TN a good 2 to 4 inches while it's control run gives 2 to 5 across the NW half of the state as well as TRI.  The ensemble means look pretty good and many of the members are showing snow with even some big dogs (greater than 6 inches, even some footers).

Means:

Bristol 2.9 inches (7 big dogs)

Knoxville 2.0 inches (1 big dog)

Chattanooga 1.5 inches (4 big dogs)

Nashville 2.7 inches (4 big dogs)

Paris 3.0 inches (6 big dogs)

Memphis 2.3 inches (4 big dogs)

Not bad at all!

0z Euro deterministic gives far NW TN a good 2 to 4 inches while it's control run gives 2 to 5 across the NW half of the state as well as TRI. The ensemble means look pretty good and many of the members are showing snow with even some big dogs (greater than 6 inches, even some footers).

Means:

Bristol 2.9 inches (7 big dogs)

Knoxville 2.0 inches (1 big dog)

Chattanooga 1.5 inches (4 big dogs)

Nashville 2.7 inches (4 big dogs)

Paris 3.0 inches (6 big dogs)

Memphis 2.3 inches (4 big dogs)

Not bad at all!

Thanks for the update, Stovepipe!

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk

Archived