Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the thing, I believe this threat is generally believable. The high pressure appears to be real (only 18z had it fairly unimpressive) and the vort appears robust. There is some slight west coast ridging which really helps us and the AO is projected to take a dive with modest blocking in a pretty good spot too. Sign me up, I am ready to push all my chips in. This is the best chance all year......for the last three years actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's the thing, I believe this threat is generally believable. The high pressure appears to be real (only 18z had it fairly unimpressive) and the vort appears robust. There is some slight west coast ridging which really helps us and the AO is projected to take a dive with modest blocking in a pretty good spot too. Sign me up, I am ready to push all my chips in. This is the best chance all year......for the last three years actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the way you talk mmmm hmmmm.

GGEM has a storm starting in the same time frame but the high is back towards the west a lot more which allows rain here. Then another wave follows in it's heels with a much smaller precip shield that gives frozen south of here and then in the Carolina's. The good news is, the GGEM is usually awful.

The Euro has had the storm for a few days, but warmer. And one of the WFO earlier today mentioned that the Euro was very accurate with large precip makers at day 7, but not with any specifics regarding precip types.

0z Euro has a little bit of light snow in northwest TN on Saturday morning.  It runs the Wednesday storm over the apps keeping most of the region too warm for snow.  But, in that scenario north MS, north AL, the western border counties of TN, and TRI manage 2-4 inches according to snow maps.  A dusting to 1 inch elsewhere.

The 0z Euro ensembles are looking impressive across TN.  Out of the 51 members:

Bristol - Mean 3.9 inches, 38 members show greater than 2 inch snowfall

Knoxville - Mean 2.4 inches, 23 over 2

Chattanooga - Mean 1.5 inches, 13 over 2

Crossville - Mean 3.4 inches, 31 over 2

Nashville - Mean 2.6 inches, 24 over 2

Jackson - Mean 2.4 inches, 24 over 2

Paris - Mean 2.7 inches, 26 over 2

Memphis - Mean 2.5 inches, 22 over 2

Every city I checked had several members showing big dog snows too.

Edit:  Also, looking at the EPS snow probability maps for hour 180, the entire state has:

60% chance of snowfall greater than 1 inch

30% chance of snowfall greater than 3 inches

Thanks for the Euro information Stove.  The 12z GFS loses the ridging behind on the west coast, but still delivers a pretty good track for winter lovers.  The high pressure TRIES ITS BEST to hang on, but simply cant.  Northern stream influence and our old friend (an approaching GL Low) looks to ruin things west of the apps.  It looked a little quirky to me as the vort kind of stays put over the southern plains for quite some time.  If that would have kept rolling east under the high, we'd be set for a nice snow.  Lots left to work out.

Thanks for the Euro information Stove.  The 12z GFS loses the ridging behind on the west coast, but still delivers a pretty good track for winter lovers.  The high pressure TRIES ITS BEST to hang on, but simply cant.  Northern stream influence and our old friend (an approaching GL Low) looks to ruin things west of the apps.  It looked a little quirky to me as the vort kind of stays put over the southern plains for quite some time.  If that would have kept rolling east under the high, we'd be set for a nice snow.  Lots left to work out.

I think you have to bet on the faster solution right now given the fast flowoff the pacific and little in the way of blocking.

If this sucker can get under and around the east side of the high,  we get the gfs solution. If it slows down, we get slop to rain.

Archived