Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
January 20-? Cold snap

Ottawa Blizzard

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What weather service is that chart from (sorry...still new here :bag: )

via my local weather office in LOT....

if you click on your 7 day...you should be able to find your hourly forecast on that page somewhere....

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=lot&zmx=1&zmy=1&map.x=200&map.y=119#.UuJzu0HnbZ6

not sure how familiar you are with the noaa site....but you can use my link above and type in your zip code....that should take you to your 7 day forecast....where you should be able to find your hourly forecast...

cheers

via my local weather office in LOT....

if you click on your 7 day...you should be able to find your hourly forecast on that page somewhere....

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=lot&zmx=1&zmy=1&map.x=200&map.y=119#.UuJzu0HnbZ6

not sure how familiar you are with the noaa site....but you can use my link above and type in your zip code....that should take you to your 7 day forecast....where you should be able to find your hourly forecast...

cheers

Got it! Thanks!

Loving the cold I'd have to say. 'Normal' weather is just boring for me. Give me some extremes to spice it up. Something about the feeling of having to brave the elements, it just makes you feel alive. Sundogs two days in a row now.

Definitely noticing the insanity starting to build in the general public. Amazing how weather controls so many aspects of our lives, right down to the mental state.

Impressive ice cover on the lakes:

nw4r.png

Loving the cold I'd have to say. 'Normal' weather is just boring for me. Give me some extremes to spice it up. Something about the feeling of having to brave the elements, it just makes you feel alive. Sundogs two days in a row now.

Definitely noticing the insanity starting to build in the general public. Amazing how weather controls so many aspects of our lives, right down to the mental state.

nw4r.png

Do tell. Being away from home I haven't been able to bask in it.

nw4r.png

Yes, I think Torontonians are so used to boasting about how warm their city is on average compared to so many other cities in Canada that they're in shock that it actually can get this cold for a sustained period here. Bear in mind that in Toronto, with the exception of a few winters like 2008-2009, 2004-2005, 2003-2004 and 2002-2003, winters have been generally mild in southern Ontario for the past 20-25 years. This year winter started in November and has been pretty steady. Even in 2002-2003 had a warm December, while in 2003-2004, January was really the only very cold month. I am 33 years old, going on 34 this May and can only just remember 1993-1994 and 1995-1996. Anyone under the age of 30 in Toronto cannot remember a period of sustained month-to-month cold like this and bear in mind that people younger than me have been conditioned to believe that we're in a rapidly warming world in which winters like this will soon be a thing of the past. Finally, I read somewhere that, on average, 60% of the population of Toronto were not born in Canada, and many not even in a cold climate.

If any of you want a reality check on this cold (like any of you need it), check out the latest 12z GGEM @ 120 HR.

If you live in northern or central Indiana, prepare for the coldest air temps on the continent.... -30 F and below, if it were to verify.

Not saying this will happen, but it can't be too far off considering every model is depicting something in the same ballpark of BRUTAL.

If any of you want a reality check on this cold (like any of you need it), check out the latest 12z GGEM @ 120 HR.

If you live in northern or central Indiana, prepare for the coldest air temps on the continent.... -30 F and below, if it were to verify.

Not saying this will happen, but it can't be too far off considering every model is depicting something in the same ballpark of BRUTAL.

I remember it having some barbaric runs for the early January outbreak.  This is going to come down to how efficient the radiational cooling will be.  Winds stayed up in early January...

Archived