• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 13-21st Clippers/Hybrids

Chicago Storm

This was the biggest bust of the season imo. Just pointing it out. After what we've been through so far this winter, the snow earlier was just a tease from mother nature.

We've seemed to turn some corner in the winter, whether it reverts back to what it was is a big if.

I'd consider all the times you busted high bigger, you busted low on a 1-3" snowfall, hardly a bust if you ask me.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was the biggest bust of the season imo. Just pointing it out. After what we've been through so far this winter, the snow earlier was just a tease from mother nature.

We've seemed to turn some corner in the winter, whether it reverts back to what it was is a big if.

Pretty good here...they called 3 to 5...looks like about 4 here...  wind is blowing this crap around.

Pretty good here...they called 3 to 5...looks like about 4 here...  wind is blowing this crap around.

South of I-94 roughly it was too warm and the dry slot made it too far north. Pretty good steady snow when I left Racine, but with these winds it will be very difficult to measure.

From what I heard 0.2" fell here earlier today. So I'm going with it.

lol one week of quieting down from an incredibly active pattern and its turned a corner? This is a very un-geos-like post!

finally upgraded to a warning.... first one on the season and I'm at 100"

STORM TOTAL SNOWFALL OF 8 TO 10 INCHES THROUGH WEDNESDAY

MORNING...WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE.

Nice, although I beat you to a 100" but whose counting :) 

Still advisory for my locale, not that it matter much, should end up with 8" give or take. Maybe a couple inches later in the week. Might get some sledding in this weekend although trails were pretty hurt from the past torch. 

finally upgraded to a warning.... first one on the season and I'm at 100"

STORM TOTAL SNOWFALL OF 8 TO 10 INCHES THROUGH WEDNESDAY

MORNING...WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE.

Congrats!  :snowing:

-SN here. 0.2" from this evening.

Well, it's the NAM but it's looking pretty vigorous with the Saturday clipper, a la GFS. 

If everything goes right over the next 3-4 days, could have several inches of snow here between the Thursday and Saturday systems.  Not ready to completely buy in yet though.

0z NAM drops a widespread 2-3" between the organized area of snow late tomorrow night into Thursday morning and then with the snow showers throughout the day and into the evening.

The looks pretty impressive with the next event Fri/Sat coming SSE.

Beat me to it. 

Decent accumulations NW of Milwaukee.

0800 PM SNOW WEST BEND 43.42N 88.18W
01/14/2014 M4.0 INCH WASHINGTON WI TRAINED SPOTTER

WHITE OUT CONDITIONS AT TIMES.

0800 PM SNOW LOMIRA 43.59N 88.44W
01/14/2014 E5.0 INCH DODGE WI PUBLIC

SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW CREATING WHITE OUT CONDITIONS AT
TIMES

0800 PM SNOW NE FOND DU LAC 43.78N 88.45W
01/14/2014 E2.5 INCH FOND DU LAC WI PUBLIC

12km NAM