Newest Member
    Toothache
January 13-21st Clippers/Hybrids

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Measured 1.1" not too long ago...

As for Thursdays clipper, the NAM seems too wet given the dry lower levels and the possibility of the lack of ice in the clouds. However both the NAM and especially the GFS show steep lapse rates during the afternoon so something to watch

BEST clipper ever award!

Widespread 12-15" along NW lower coast. Haven't measured yet, but local news had 2 separate reports from Ellsworth of 14, and 15".... I see Cheboygan and Petoskey both reporting 12"+... and Kalkaska 14".

pretty bad drifting as well.... daylight will be interesting.

0526 AM HEAVY SNOW 8 NE KALKASKA 44.82N 85.06W

01/15/2014 E14.0 INCH KALKASKA MI BROADCAST MEDIA

24 HR TOTAL THRU 5 AM

0526 AM HEAVY SNOW TOWER 45.35N 84.30W

01/15/2014 E12.0 INCH CHEBOYGAN MI BROADCAST MEDIA

Come to think of it should of called in sick, past the Gaylord groomer at the C38 and Old 27 intersection on my way to work, trails looked awesome. Was still snowing pretty hard when I left my house for work, probably sneak another inch or so out of it. This weekend should be a decent weekend for riding up here until the masses downstate get up here lol.

Nice Pics Bo, looks like you got me beat by at least 5 or 6" in total snow depth as I am at around 23" right now. Not a bad clipper, definitely needed it, the snow pack was looking a little lethargic.

Also, it appears that there may be a decent LES setup for the end of this week as well.

I've done well with some wsw flow events this season and kinda watching a setup thur/thur night.... looks good for several more inches then a west flow after that which should add up a little too.

this snow should put Petoskey over 100" as well.

I've done well with some wsw flow events this season and kinda watching a setup thur/thur night.... looks good for several more inches then a west flow after that which should add up a little too.

this snow should put Petoskey over 100" as well.

WSW flow? Reading the APX AFD there were mentioning more of a NNW Thursday transitioning more to NW /W flow Friday. Also mentioning the possibility of a couple dominant bands setting up in Kalkaska and Antrim county with some good feed from Lake Superior. 

WSW flow? Reading the APX AFD there were mentioning more of a NNW Thursday transitioning more to NW /W flow Friday. Also mentioning the possibility of a couple dominant bands setting up in Kalkaska and Antrim county with some good feed from Lake Superior.

ahead of the next clipper(more of an enhancement type setup). I already have 3" in my point for tomorrow. should be mainly a coastal snow and western mac county in the UP should get nailed. then yeah, some good stuff you mentioned after the clipper passes.

12z NAM looks good here Saturday. 3-5" with a very deep (300mb) DGZ looking at fcst soundings around here.

6z GFS did come in a little wetter.

Why they run that model beyond 48 hours is beyond me.  Stick with a general 1-4" for the W Great Lakes for now.  Euro weakened the clipper as it moved from Minnesota into Wisconsin and N Illinois.

Archived