12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 31-January 2 Hybrid frisbee storm Part 2

Hoosier

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still have 15+ pages to catch back up on.  I'm guessing everything still looking decent for Chicago?  I see DVN put us under a WWA.  Calling for 3-4" here.  So far we haven't had any snow here today. 

Yeah, looking quite well. Most agree on 10"+ in the counties nearest to the lake.

23:1 ratio here. 1.4" of snow.

Sick looking band about to move in from the west.

Point and click now showing 14" total for me.  :lmao:

• nightSnow, mainly before midnight. Temperature rising to around 19 by 5am. West northwest wind 5 to 15 mph becoming northeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
  • New Year's DayPeriods of snow. High near 23. East northeast wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
  • Wednesday NightSnow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. Steady temperature around 22. Northeast wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
  • ThursdaySnow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 21. North northeast wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

GRR thinking this will not be anything that will affect travel conditions. HAH!

I'll let everyone know how many PI/Unknown Accidents I respond to in the next 24 hours....

Lol. Yeah right, that's why IWX has 6-9" along the cwa boundary with them.

Ripping here like mad with 25 dbz approaching.

GRR thinking this will not be anything that will affect travel conditions. HAH!

I'll let everyone know how many PI/Unknown Accidents I respond to in the next 24 hours....

Posted over in USWx that they are off their rocker on this event. Primary drunken driving holiday not with-standing, all but perhaps the X-ways will be snow-covered and plenty of wrecks will ensue. I drive 94 everyday and down along I-94/69 it doesn't take much to make a real mess.

GreatRediculousRefudation of most guidance! :axe:

Here's my updated map.  These gradients/cutoffs are a pain in the *** as is often the case.  Again didn't pay attention to the lake belts in MI.  Also could be a bit underdone in enhancement areas like NE OH as I didn't really look at the setup there.

post-14-0-04594400-1388534319_thumb.png

Light blue:  1-3"

Dark blue:  3-6"

Dark purple:  6-10"

Light purple:  10-15" (locally higher?)

I'm leaning toward 3-4" for LAF at this point.  Some of my 3-6" area probably would've been better represented by 2-4" but broad area and all...

Here's my updated map.  These gradients/cutoffs are a pain in the *** as is often the case.  Again didn't pay attention to the lake belts in MI.  Also could be a bit underdone in enhancement areas like NE OH as I didn't really look at the setup there.

Light blue:  1-3"

Dark blue:  3-6"

Dark purple:  6-10"

Light purple:  10-15" (locally higher?)

I'm leaning toward 3-4" for LAF at this point.  Some of my 3-6" area probably would've been better represented by 2-4" but broad area and all...

Bullish to the end. Good for you. I hope it works out :)

Archived