• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 31-January 2 Hybrid frisbee storm Part 2

Hoosier

not that I didn't already know the end to this book.

THE HEAVIEST LAKE   EFFECT SNOW IS EXPECTED SOUTH OF MILWAUKEE.  

I'm still feeeling the effect from sunday nights packer game but this storm just might make me go on a 36 hr bender.

This is going to be my drunk arse on bradford beach trying to get out in to the offshore LES.

2416snb.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOT on Lake effect

SYNOPTIC SNOWS WIND DOWN FROM NW TO SE LATE WED AFTERNOON/EARLY WED
EVENING. NORTHEAST WINDS OFF THE LAKE COULD MAINTAIN SOME LAKE
EFFECT SNOW SHOWER THREAT INTO CHGO METRO AREA WED EVENING...BUT
BETTER THREAT OF MORE SIGNIFICANT LAKE EFFECT THREAT APPEARS TO BE
LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT INTO THURSDAY AS INVERSION HEIGHTS RISE AND
MAGNITUDE OF LAKE INSTABILITY INCREASES. BY LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT
THROUGH MIDDAY THURSDAY LAKE-850MB DELTA T`S AT OR ABOVE
20C...INVERSION HEIGHTS OVER 10KFT...HIGH LOW/MID LEVEL RH...AND
WELL DEVELOPED STRONG LAND/LAKE CONVERGENCE BAND STRONGLY POINT
TOWARD THE POTENTIAL FOR AN INTENSE SINGLE BAND OF HEAVY LAKE EFFECT
SNOW. SIMILAR SET-UPS IN THE PAST HAVE PRODUCED SNOW SQUALLS WITH
HOURLY SNOW RATES IN EXCESS OF 2" PER HOUR AND AM CONCERNED THAT
COULD BE THE CASE THIS GO AROUND AS WELL. WHILE CONFIDENCE IS PRETTY
GOOD THAT INTENSE LAKE EFFECT SNOW COULD DEVELOP...CONFIDENCE IN
WHERE IT WOULD BE IS MUCH LOWER. HIGHER RES MODELS CONTINUE TO
FLUCTUATE WITH THE LOCATION AND MOVEMENT OF THIS BAND FROM RUN TO
RUN...BUT "CONE OF UNCERTAINTY" OF WHO COULD GET AFFECTED INCLUDE
AREAS WHERE I PUT OUT THE LAKE EFFECT SNOW WATCH EARLIER. LES OFTEN
RESULTS IN HIGHLY VARIABLE TOTALS AND THINK THE POTENTIAL OF SOME
WHERE GETTING 6"+ OF PURE LAKE EFFECT LATE WED NIGHT/THURS IS PRETTY
GOOD. IF BAND DEVELOPS AS INTENSELY AS IT LOOKS LIKE IT WILL AND
DECIDES TO SIT IN PLACE SOMEWHERE FOR A FEW HOURS IT WOULD NOT BE
SURPRISING TO SEE ISOLATED DOUBLE DIGIT SNOWFALL TOTALS (IN ADDITION
TO THE 4-8" EXPECTED WITH THE SYNOPTIC SYSTEM).

IZZI

LOT/Izzi still going with 4-8" of synoptic snow, then 6"+ of LES.

Read his AFD, but perplexed by the second synoptic band late AM tomorrow. Really haven't seen this train of thought before. Makes a difference to me for scheduling. Does this jive with your thoughts?

ugh about the same as here than unless we score a coupe les bonus inches.   kick to the tots for sure.

Meh. Always next time i guess. Most of the snow is going to fall over a lengthy time period in the effected regions so not your typical "snowstorm". Plus, dont you have LES on your side?

Meh. Always next time i guess. Most of the snow is going to fall over a lengthy time period in the effected regions so not your typical "snowstorm". Plus, dont you have LES on your side?

Yup always next time and really I'm not all that aggravated..   Just had a nice little storm a little over a week ago..  I'm happy for Alek and it's a lot more fun reading the board when so many people are in to the system..  last storm was a bore on the board and i really do get a high just reading the excitement of others who love snow just as much as my terrible addiction.   I'm not counting on much for les here but maybe I can pull off some bonus hrs of mood snow.    GL to you with this one and the rest of this long winter yet ahead.

you'll finally be around for a decent event.

Yes, it seems I will be, and this wasn't even planned -- only still out here because my car is broken down (and being fixed -- slowly).  Missed the 20 January 2012 storm (the only one in 2011-12), and didn't experience any of the events last winter in either of my two visits at Thanksgiving and Christmas; I also missed the best two events of last winter in State College because I was here.  So, my last good event here was GHD.  I did see about 8" of snow in an event in State College on the 14th.  All in all, I'm looking forward to this!  

6+ LES is way bullish IMO, 4-8 synoptic is good, slightly bearish.

I like your thinking here.  

Yup always next time and really I'm not all that aggravated..   Just had a nice little storm a little over a week ago..  I'm happy for Alek and it's a lot more fun reading the board when so many people are in to the system..  last storm was a bore on the board and i really do get a high just reading the excitement of others who love snow just as much as my terrible addiction.   I'm not counting on much for les here but maybe I can pull off some bonus hrs of mood snow.    GL to you with this one and the rest of this long winter yet ahead.

Yeah its much more exciting when everyone is on board tracking the same system rather than just a few. I still have a decent snow cover of about 4" which has survived the last two small warm-ups. LES is localized whereas only a few people out of many can prosper from it. Haven't had a decent clipper like we used to get in a while, so it would be nice to get one in the future.

And GL to you too man. Happy New years. :D 

Archived