Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Emerging signal for storminess Jan 6-8

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I'm rooting for the big (unlikely) euro solution with the whole spv getting involved cause that would just be cool as hell. who cares about a torch at that point if we can see that and the ensuing arctic outbreak. Besides, its probably going to "torch" for a couple days either way within that 10th-15th time frame

Personally I'm rooting for the big (unlikely) euro solution with the whole spv getting involved cause that would just be cool as hell. who cares about a torch at that point if we can see that and the ensuing arctic outbreak. Besides, its probably going to "torch" for a couple days either way within that 10th-15th time frame

Agreed.  And if the euro is right, it will be fascinating to watch a potentially historic storm evolve.

I'm not worried abou a wintry mix turning to light rain at 33-34 and then flashing back to snow after the arctic front passes.

Maybe that worries you..but not me

If you say the triple point will redevelop near NYC enough times in your sleep, it might come true. :lol:

Cutter is absolutely a valid option...it could end up colder too, but to blindly state that a cutter won't happen is not supported by any actual valid meteorology at this time range.

If you say the triple point will redevelop near NYC enough times in your sleep, it might come true. :lol:

Cutter is absolutely a valid option...it could end up colder too, but to blindly state that a cutter won't happen is not supported by any actual valid meteorology at this time range.

Cutter doesn't have to mean 50-60 and rain.. i think that's where confusion is setting in

Cutter doesn't have to mean 50-60 and rain.. i think that's where confusion is setting in

You are correct...but 50s and rain for 6-8 hours in the warm sector is a valid option too. Why can't it be?

You can't use the cold as an excuse because I just showed yesterday how it happened in one of the coldest months and in between the some of the coldest airmasses we've seen the past few decades.

If we get closer and a more defined high pressure shows up north of ME, then I'll def hit the icier/triple point scenario...but right now we don't have that.

You are correct...but 50s and rain for 6-8 hours in the warm sector is a valid option too. Why can't it be?

You can't use the cold as an excuse because I just showed yesterday how it happened in one of the coldest months and in between the some of the coldest airmasses we've seen the past few decades.

If we get closer and a more defined high pressure shows up north of ME, then I'll def hit the icier/triple point scenario...but right now we don't have that.

The only piece of guidance I see that has the doomsday scenario you paint is the Euro. Maybe it's correct..but to see it already shifting from a  960 over BTV to weaker and east of KBUF tells us that wild, amped up sou easter option is probably not valid

weaker huh 0z shows 953mb as it crosses the US Canadian border 

The only piece of guidance I see that has the doomsday scenario you paint is the Euro. Maybe it's correct..but to see it already shifting from a  960 over BTV to weaker and east of KBUF tells us that wild, amped up sou easter option is probably not valid

I agree.

I'd rathter see that, than worry about perserving an entirely unerwhelming 8" of fluff.

Doesn't seem plausible to get this biggie to fire up east, so...

Sucks..this one $hits the bed, and that one cuts.

sort of off topic, but that scenario kills me. how it can go from epic cold, then onto a rain storm, then back to cold is beyond me. i mean i know it is meteorlogically possible, but that doesnt help me accept it. 

Well did you notice the 174 hr panel with 948mb over Quebec lol?

Archived