• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Hybrid frisbee storm - December 31-January 2

snowstormcanuck

yeah, there's still a few key little features that I am watching for fun....a tad more amped solutions perhaps cuts ratios a bit...but could provide a little bit more pivot action and linger lighter QPF longer.  And also the MKX GEOS LE action could prove to be an interesting factor in terms of saturation and some actual additional inches...although saturation doesn't look to be much of an issue. 

I'm liking the looks of the DGZ zone...some minor shattering seems plausible...but the nice thing is that the cold air is in place and has a decent foothold already due to the prior clippers...

Fun event....obviously enhanced by it's potential impacts IMBY...but fun none-the-less .... some interesting micro/now casting looks probable as the event unfolds (but I guess it always is to an extent)

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new and improved, yet still really crappy 12z NAVGEM is a solid hit for Indiana. True desperation move on my part. 

I won't post the map for fear of being banned, but I'm sorry to tell you that the JMA is in the NAM camp, so discount  the NAVGEM. I'll wave at it as it passes to my north.

EURO has it snowing here from just after 60 hour beyond 84 hours so far. Center of wave 3 over I-80 corridor.

Definitely LEhS on this run.

you guys are gonna get snow belt type snow. longest stretch I've had was 2 weeks last Winter. Have seen a week straight so far this Winter. you to Alek over to Detroit/Toledo gets a heavy dose of winter!

congrats!

Well the 12z Euro looks pretty good for much of the sub-forum. Has a decent amount of qpf in a wide spectrum. 

The cold supply across the north will help make way for some decent snow ratios (>10:1). It all depends how far south this digs and the PV placement. For now I would presume the heaviest qpf to lie between Chicago and Detroit. 

My take on the lake enhancement for the western shore of LM is that many of the parameters look favorable with one exception being the inversion heights which don't look all that great, at least through midweek.  That being said, delta Ts look sufficient and there is deep moisture through much of the column and I think this will be easily capable of adding a few if not several inches on top of the system snow. 

Almost 24 hours worth of a ENE/NE flow on this run.

attachicon.gifeuro_LOT_114hr.jpg

attachicon.gifeuro_DTW_120hr.png

odd to see precip totals increase from Ohio east.  Usually in this type of set up, where a primary heads into Ohio and a secondary reforms,  you see a drop off in qpf between OH and the Apps.   Nice to look at but I'm verrrry skeptical.

Archived