amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Hybrid frisbee storm - December 31-January 2

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dunno what model to believe but the last time i looked at the models was 4 day ago and it seemed like a ho hum 1-4" event well south of here.... if i remember right?

Typical clipper amounts I believe. Not hybrid frisbee type amounts.

RGEM at 48 hours.

Actually this might be more useful.

rgem_tprecip_slp_mw_17.png

GFS through 66 hr.

gfs_total_precip_east_12.png

Feeling increasingly good about squeezing out something on the order of 1-3" here.  It's not a lot but we'll take it. 

It'd be great if the Euro remembered it's the King...and of course stuck with its 12z run depiction.

But...1-3" would be pretty good all things considered.

Name change alert -- new moon frisbee hybrid New Little Ice Age Onset storm.

GFS has subzero near-blizzard conditions in all east to northeast wind lake enhancement zones, temps start near 10 F and end up close to -10 F. The main impact of this storm will be dangerous wind chill in moderate to heavy snow. Frisbee perhaps, but park bench minding your own business sudden frisbee to head type.

What a shock, no model is following the 12km NAM. I swear the 12km NAM is CRAS bad at this point.

LOL This. Everything about the run tonight is garbage. 50 kt low level jet that shunts the thermal gradient into WI on Wednesday morning. Global models should have a pretty decent handle on this system with this lead time. I expect there to be minor shifts still but nothing that takes northern IL and southern WI out of the overall sweet spot.

It'd be great if the Euro remembered it's the King...and of course stuck with its 12z run depiction.

But...1-3" would be pretty good all things considered.

A few of the GFS ensembles have looked pretty interesting.  If anything I think there's a higher chance I revise upward than downward.

Archived