Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Hybrid frisbee storm - December 31-January 2

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOT will probably be under some pressure for headlines this afternoon. If the 12z GFS/Euro bring the goods, maybe even a watch for lakeside counties.

Can't argue with that at all....and WWA for the rest

the only caveat, which LOT brought up I believe, is how much of a break will there be between tomorrow night's action and Wednesday's main precip shield action...and what that does to the semantics of headlines...

Models are showing inversion heights rising to near 700mb by 12z Thursday and about a 12hr period of favorable wind direction for MKE so maybe we see a dominant band form over the lake that shifts east as winds turn NW.

Yeah, I think Thursday (or perhaps very late Wednesday) is when the lake contribution will really get going in earnest and likely peak as inversion heights don't look very good on Wednesday. 

Yeah, I think Thursday (or perhaps very late Wednesday) is when the lake contribution will really get going in earnest and likely peak as inversion heights don't look very good on Wednesday. 

inversion heights suck on Wed but you can definitely see a little extra moisture getting pulled back after 12z Wed on the 4km hi-res

inversion heights suck on Wed but you can definitely see a little extra moisture getting pulled back after 12z Wed on the 4km hi-res

Yeah, I'm not saying no enhancement before Thursday, just that it will increase then and be more noticeable with system snow winding down and potential dominant band rippage.

Can't post a BUFKIT profile now but this will do.  NAM CGX forecast sounding valid 15z Thursday around the time inversion heights peak.  Heights approach 700 mb.  There's considerable drying above the inversion by this time as the synoptic system moves out but all in all this looks pretty good.

post-14-0-88913000-1388417833_thumb.png

probably because daylight makes up the minority of the hours in a day during the winter. and this will be a daylight event. i'll just be hungover.

I would even count evening as daytime since most are awake, I'd be happy if that was the case, but the last few 6"+ storms had their heaviest rates overnight between 11pm and 7am for the most part.

12z GFS, the juiced-up hybrid clipper of a couple days ago is now little more than some weak, lagging energy that dives well south of the I80 corridor.  Cedar Rapids' precip is down to only 0.16" for the week.  ugh

Yeah not too impressive anymore lol.  I was looking forward to the 3rd wave as sort of a grand finale to the clipper parade this week.  Looks like it will be another mirage storm for some of us unfortunately lol.

Archived