amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Big Snow Threat Disco Jan2/3

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It actually was good all around to be fair. I don't see a big difference in regions on this run.

good all around, yes.

but redevelopment is tricky the more SW you go. NJ into NYC get shafted....leading to SW CT being on the fringe. granted thats not much a part of SNE. but I think even up to HFD can be affected.

way too early for details anyway.

The person trying to draw it is arguing the low in red is too far east and he may be right, but two things. It's not THAT far off and secondly...the guy needs a lesson in cyclogenesis. I'm glad he knows where the low is supposed to be. He must be a genius. We no longer need computer models. Phew.

Not really. It's science.

Science would be the concept of positive vorticity advection, many other levels of dynamics and the placement of the surface low, not drawing a black L on a map where you think it should be. The GFS places the surface low correctly -- it remains to be seen if the models handling of the pattern and dynamics that lead to that placement and track are correct.

Science would be the concept of positive vorticity advection, many other levels of dynamics and the placement of the surface low, not drawing a black L on a map where you think it should be. The GFS places the surface low correctly -- it remains to be seen if the models handling of the pattern and dynamics that lead to that placement and track are correct.

What's the correct mathematical formula for PVA John? Why don't you post it for all the young aspiring meteorologists here.....This is a teaching weather forum, correct?

You and I clearly need to have beers together soon

Did you draw that? In a simple way, low placement is from PVA and WAA which 300-200mb jet streaks augment. I looked at detailed 300mb and 200mb and I can't make a glaring argument for the GFS being wrong knowing that other physics go into low pressure placement. Sure maybe it's a bit too far east perhaps, but it isn't a huge issue being 4-5 days out.

Archived