Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Big Snow Threat Disco Jan2/3

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the GFS was whacky showing that long duration band of snow behind the low dragging back down towards NYC but the GEM shows the same signal

It helps to have that s/w amplify and keep more cyclonic mid level flow over the region. Of course -15C 850 temps over 43F water will help pick up moisture.

For the record, NOT saying this event will do it, but the vast majority of the times that I have been ubber-porked have been cold, powdery deals....12/5/03, PD II, Boxing day 2010, Jan '94 etc...

Just not a fan.

Even on the GFS you tango with the CF or a bit. This is a more forgiving system. This looks to have a more general widespread snow shield with good WAA over an arctic dome. I highly doubt you would be porked here.

For the record, NOT saying this event will do it, but the vast majority of the times that I have been ubber-porked have been cold, powdery deals....12/5/03, PD II, Boxing day 2010, Jan '94 etc...

Just not a fan.

Those first 3 you were just in subsidence screw zones. Parts of NH did really well in those systems.

ne

Even on the GFS you tango with the CF or a bit. This is a more forgiving system. This looks to have a more general widespread snow shield with good WAA over an arctic dome. I highly doubt you would be porked here.

I know, just like the more marginal, wetter, more potent deals in general.

May as well hang for the EURO....

Right..because the cf hung near Boston.

No coincidence.

With the parent low, I think the CF will move inland a bit on this run until the secondary really takes over. It won't get to you, but maybe 128 as modeled. I feel silly talking details, but just saying what it shows. Those arctic highs won't let it get too far NW.

Archived