Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 16th-17th GL Clipper

Powerball

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EC just updated their forecast for Toronto. Now expecting 2" in general but 4" near Lake Ontario.

Buffalo Radar already shows the streamer slowly advancing towards the shoreline.

Whats your take on the LES? I havent been following this little clipper? More keen on the other events later this week. 

Whats your take on the LES? I havent been following this little clipper? More keen on the other events later this week. 

Current thoughts are that it'll probably come on shore around The Beaches/Scarborough after midnight. Doubt it'll have much inland penetration as the winds a fairly light. Later tonight it'll likely crawl northwards and reach southern Durham region before fizzling tomorrow morning.

Current thoughts are that it'll probably come on shore around The Beaches/Scarborough after midnight. Doubt it'll have much inland penetration as the winds a fairly light. Later tonight it'll likely crawl northwards and reach southern Durham region before fizzling tomorrow morning.

I see, so areas around Oshawa have a shot at seeing some LES. The clipper itself may drop 2-3cm in general across the GTA but the possibility is their for 10cm in local regions. Guess my area misses out on another LES event off Lake Ontario, lol. Anthony Farnell tweeted about ice forming on the harbour. Its speculator. 

I see, so areas around Oshawa have a shot at seeing some LES. The clipper itself may drop 2-3cm in general across the GTA but the possibility is their for 10cm in local regions. Guess my area misses out on another LES event off Lake Ontario, lol. Anthony Farnell tweeted about ice forming on the harbour. Its speculator. 

Yeah, I'd be surprised if it reached Vaughan. ESE/SE flow is good direction wise for you but there's not going to be enough wind to get it that far inland.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if it reached Vaughan. ESE/SE flow is good direction wise for you but there's not going to be enough wind to get it that far inland.

Yeah but then again I personally aint a fan of LES as much as storms and that can be spoken for just about everyone. LES unlike system snowfall, compacts easily esp. when the Sun is out or during warm-ups. Reason being, is the different water source (fresh water/salt water). It'll be nice to get 2-4cm by tomorrow. The more the merrier. Its as if In recent years, every flake counts,  :lmao:

You'll be back in the city this weekend right? Hopefully you dont get caught up in any weather delay lol ;)

Yeah but then again I personally aint a fan of LES as much as storms and that can be spoken for just about everyone. LES unlike system snowfall, compacts easily esp. when the Sun is out or during warm-ups. Reason being, is the different water source (fresh water/salt water). It'll be nice to get 2-4cm by tomorrow. The more the merrier. Its as if In recent years, every flake counts,  :lmao:

You'll be back in the city this weekend right? Hopefully you dont get caught up in any weather delay lol ;)

Speak for yourself. If it's wasn't for the lack of frequency at the west end, I'd enjoy tracking streamers off Lk Ontario more than storms.

Speak for yourself. If it's wasn't for the lack of frequency at the west end, I'd enjoy tracking streamers off Lk Ontario more than storms.

LOOL, true. Any type of snowfall whether it'd be LES or System, counts as snow. If only Lake Huron and GBay traded spots. The winds off Lake Huron produce extensive and longer lasting streamers than Gbay. 

Easterly winds off Lake Ontario rarely happen during the winter season. Maybe once or twice. 

Archived