• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 16th-17th GL Clipper

Powerball

Picked up about 2.0" including some lake effect starting around midnight. Still coming down, very fluffy, especially given the 6F temps last night.

Thanks for the report! I was getting mighty curious.

The band is still threatening offshore (you can barely see it under the synoptic) but I'm not sure if it'll make a second landfall.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The band is still threatening offshore (you can barely see it under the synoptic) but I'm not sure if it'll make a second landfall.

Pleasantly surprised with this system. Rates actually just increased again to high-end light snow. Was surprised that the lake effect made it this far west last night. Snow began in earnest around 12:30am. On radar you couldn't see much and the band was definitely more focused to the east, but large flakes were still falling, again likely due to the frigid temps, doesn't take a lot of moisture to get something to fall.

Will do a final measurement when I get home from work today and the snow stops.

we got about 1.5" down here and maybe an inch or two with this current shortwave that is passing by..Also models are hinting at a quick burst of LES to affect the metro area around the evening rush hour,latest AFD suggest advisory accumulation not out of question. :snowing:

Went out to measure and recorded 3.5cm. Not bad at all. Certainly a nice surprise for some. Every snowfall counts.

Archived