gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
12/10 Winter Weather Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think there will be any extreme band of snow that sets up....It seems more like several moderate to heavy bands that pass through and not train over the same area ? Looks like WS of NYC around Monmouth county get the jackpot maybe 5-6"?

Perhaps, not sure how our ratios will do with temps staying at or above freezing nearly everywhere

Yup, I lol'ed at Upton for mentioning rain but here in Midtown the snow is actually struggling to keep ahead of the rain trying to mix in. I'm sure it's a heat island thing but still frustrating to see rain and wet pavement when everyone else is accumulating. Hopefully the column continues to cool and the mixing ends soon.

Moderate snow in West Babylon..everything is getting covered..your getting mixing in midtown?..very strange

It's going to be difficult to accumulate in the city with temps at or above freezing.

fztp.gif?1386684536818

you realize that also shows 'difficulty accumulating' for most of the metro area?

it's snowing and sticking in Harlem, not sure how much, but definitely all snow. so Midtown =/= all of Manhattan.

Moderate snow in West Babylon..everything is getting covered..your getting mixing in midtown?..very strange

Yup. Sometimes we get a heavy snow burst and that wins out, but when it decreases in intensity we get slush flakes/raindrops. I'm right by Grand Central in the densest part of Midtown so I'm sure that's not indicative of conditions elsewhere but the heat island is working its magic here.

Yet your profile says 35 degrees.

Central Park should do okay, but concrete jungle and UHI are going to win out.

LGA is 32 degrees at 9:00am.

My profile is from LGA and hasn't updated.

Pushing 1" here in Bayside Queens and snow continues moderately. Temp 31.8.

Archived