northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
December 10th/11th winter storm threat

jamesnichols1989

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no i'm looking forward to the snow, no doubt.

i just get the feeling that people see this busting in a positive direction, maybe based on what happened in the MA yesterday i feel like...and it's just an apples and oranges comparison. 

that's all. 

it all comes down to meso bands. I call  them "super bands".. but i guess that word affects some non mets pessimistic views.

if this is going to bust in one direction..there's a better chance of it busting positive..given all the things in our favor..with fluff factor, frontogenesis and unstable layer.

There's not that many cons

You are right...but there is one pretty important one. The best dynamics may be about 100 miles too far SE.

if this is going to bust in one direction..there's a better chance of it busting positive..given all the things in our favor..with fluff factor, frontogenesis and unstable layer.

There's not that many cons

Ha! Except missing the decent forcing by 100+ miles.

Stop while you're ahead lol

no i'm looking forward to the snow, no doubt.

i just get the feeling that people see this busting in a positive direction, maybe based on what happened in the MA yesterday i feel like...and it's just an apples and oranges comparison. 

that's all. 

Well I think there is some of that sentiment of a positive bust (from M.A) ....but also more due to the fact that modeling didn't have this really and brought it back more in the last day, I think if people can Separate those two perspectives, and take in what mets here said regarding uncertainty of NW extent of precip and potential meso banding in SNE and I think anyone counting on more than 2 inches is probably foolish.

You aren't going to need dynamics tomorrow to drop a regionwide 1-3..Now if you mean 6+ then yes...but it should be easy to get 1-3 north of the pike even

hey - i hope it snows everywhere. but i think some key ingredients are missing...especially north of the south coast. hopefully the guidance products are right with the widespread QPF. to be fair though, i guess 1-3 "regionwide" is fine if you consider a range from N to S. 

Here's what I see:

A 1-2" snowfall for southern, sne with a mesoband setting up  somewhere around the south shore or north leaving many in subsidence limiting amounts and dry air up towards me on the fringe resulting in a heavy accumulation of virga

thats what pretty much everyone sees. just because im optimistic about a possible MESO-BAND reaching the south shore, overproducing to maybe 6-8" totals somewhere.....you whip out the "curb your enthusiasm" post?

There is definitely bust potential in the positive direction, but everyone should understand that there is certianly bust potential in the negative direction too due to subsidence and low level dry air draining from the NW.

Yep reminds me of all those systems where the canal is the cutoff to meaningful precip. Looks like the main band could miss most of us SE but we should have the western band to contend with....speed of the system will keep it moving which is why I think most in ri and ese ma see at least 1-3" south of blue hill

Aren't they Springfield?...most of their viewing area is SE of you.

To be sure, I think there are 12 people in their viewing area that are north of me.  But just the same, they will likely wind up with less than an inch.  Not exactly 'teaser-worthy'.  But then again, not much happens out this way except for local h.s. sports and the crazy murder in Pete's hood.  So, I guess an inch of snow

You are right...but there is one pretty important one. The best dynamics may be about 100 miles too far SE.

LOL

There is definitely bust potential in the positive direction, but everyone should understand that there is certianly bust potential in the negative direction too due to subsidence and low level dry air draining from the NW.

I'm pretty confident I'm 1-2 down this way but up toward the pike I agree it's more tenuous.

Archived