• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
December 10th/11th winter storm threat

jamesnichols1989

I can tell you this much after living in the NYC area for 20 years, whenever models show the heavy bands running from off SE NJ to Cape Cod it seems to verify on the nose every time no idea why but it just does

I think what's different about this is the fact that we have no real closed area of low pressure. Just all mid level driven. I go back and forth with this lol. I see both sides. Very risky forecast. Luckily did not have to make one today although I would probably put snow for BOS.

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only time I remember the RAP scoring a huge coup was the morning of 1/26/11...remember when all the models finally shoved that event SE and we were going to get 1-3/2-4?

Then the RAP that morning starting giving us monster bands into SNE and at first we were thinking it was just being vintage RUC/RAP outside of about 8 hours...but then it never really backed down, and the 18z models all started coming on board and then finally the water vapor and radar were unmistakable by 6-7pm.

That was a wild day that started with a NW RUC run. :lol:

Ahh yes. The Burbank storm lol. Maybe this will be my Burbank bust :lol:

That day was insane. It started with that renegade WAA band too south of the pike.

Looks impressive on the wv loop

I wish we had a bit more ridging out in front

Phil's post earlier reminded me of another thing WRT this system and expectations. Nevermind the over-performance down in Philly yesterday. But the trend in the models last 24 hours has been NW and it JUST gets the Meso Banding to the S Coast. A shift SE at 0z will make this a yawner for everyone but Halloween Gale and he can post about this storm 25 years from now in SNE snowstorm memories and no one will have a clue what he's talking about.

Nobody mentioning the elephant in the box, low level temps near the coast

Ya if James Rains in this storm, Americanwx should set up a donation for him

the hi res nam I thinks brings temps to the upper 30's by 9am Just E of the Canal but then drops them to 33 or so when band moves in.

That why I like SW RI in this one ....not PTYPE issues ...just BL temps possibly hurting accums on cape.

Only thing I worry about is the boned zone the high res models show. Can kind of see this already on the wv. Will be an ample lead of moisture separated by a line of not much. Someone may get bent under that while it snows on both sides.

Also temps....but those should come down

As a side note I anticipate mild panic when temps at 9am are 36-39 from you to king james

Only thing I worry about is the boned zone the high res models show. Can kind of see this already on the wv. Will be an ample lead of moisture separated by a line of not much. Someone may get bent under that while it snows on both sides.

Also temps....but those should come down

As a side note I anticipate mild panic when temps at 9am are 36-39 from you to king james

SBL is relatively meaningless tomorrow I think. If it ends up mattering then the precip shield is garbage and the event sucked anyway

SBL is relatively meaningless tomorrow I think. If it ends up mattering then the precip shield is garbage and the event sucked anyway

I hope so, I mean for the cape's sake, but put yourself in the mind of a weenie staring at the temp creep up by mid morning.....maybe a dim sun.....thoughts wandering....rope...chair

looking for RAP

I hope so, I mean for the cape's sake, but put yourself in the mind of a weenie staring at the temp creep up by mid morning.....maybe a dim sun.....thoughts wandering....rope...chair

looking for RAP

I could see it starting as liquid even. But if it's going to do something worthwhile, that won't matter.

Archived