joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - December 2013

PennMan

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Round one seems to be over. That was fun while it lasted! We were just a bit to the north of the real good stuff. We ended up with 1.8" of snow melted to .15" of liquid. Round two looks interesting on radar. Hope it's more sleet than freezing rain!

Agreed. Even if this started early and overperformed the models, there's still no excuse. It's not as if they didn't know the snow was coming.

The main cause is its sunday. They have a skeleton crew then call in Overtime crews at the  last minute. If I was a workday they would have been sitting around waiting.

7 inches here of light fluffy snow.  Now freezing drizzle.  What a mess.  The rates were insane this early afternoon down here.  My car is still stuck in some guys lawn.  Nice family gave me a ride home in their 4X4.  Will try to tow it out in the am, but not going out in the freezing drizzle tonight  and if we get more than half inch of ice forget it as the the roads still stink here now.  Can't imagine what it will be if the ice verifies.  Surprised we have no Warning here.  The 7 inches met that criteria, and the pending ice is ugly,  

post-1187-0-48149900-1386543050_thumb.jp

7 inches here of light fluffy snow.  Now freezing drizzle.  What a mess.  The rates were insane this early afternoon down here.  My car is still stuck in some guys lawn.  Nice family gave me a ride home in their 4X4.  Will try to tow it out in the am, but not going out in the freezing drizzle tonight  and if we get more than half inch of ice forget it as the the roads still stink here now.  Can't imagine what it will be if the ice verifies.  Surprised we have no Warning here.  The 7 inches met that criteria, and the pending ice is ugly,  

NWS has to take into account the snow amounts for the whole county.  You were lucky and got clipped by the megaband while northern York county missed out. I'd bet the county avg is somewhere in the 3"- 4" neighborhood.

Friends of mine in south jersey have probably close to 10 inches. It's one of the biggest busts in that area in a long time and caught many many people off guard. Because my friends know me, they're already blaming me for not telling them it was coming. It's also amazing a bust of that magnitude can still happen in 2013 with all of the computer forecasts.

Thanks for sharing the pic...nice!

Looking at the models from what I can figure out, we might pick up an inch or more. Question: is the precipitation going to last until noon tomorrow.

Wow!

Archived