CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
CAD storms thread.

dsaur

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Highs have been on the maps for some time now, and actually occurring.  Without blocking they move off and give us cad, with cad you get over running if there is a moist flow.  The gulf has become a bit more active.  The signs are propitious.  Big highs, over running...can frozen goodies be far behind? I for one plead for anything but zrain, but the Carolina's may get it anyway.  Be careful out there! 

Highs have been on the maps for some time now, and actually occurring.  Without blocking they move off and give us cad, with cad you get over running if there is a moist flow.  The gulf has become a bit more active.  The signs are propitious.  Big highs, over running...can frozen goodies be far behind? I for one plea for anything but zrain, but the Carolina's may get it anyway.  Be careful out there! 

I'm hoping your mojo gives us a magnificent sleetstorm instead. :)

This one has me worried, no time to get ready this week with several big shows and not enough firewood...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Me too.  I wasn't worried, but now that I see a special thread.  Oh my God!!!!  I've got to get bread and milk!!!!!!!  I've got to get bread and milk!!!!!!!  The thread said ICE!!!!!!   I've got to get bread and milk!!!!!!!    :whistle:

NEW RULE: If you start a storm thread so far out that the bread would get stale and the milk would spoil before it gets here, IT'S TO DAMN SOON!

Me too.  I wasn't worried, but now that I see a special thread.  Oh my God!!!!  I've got to get bread and milk!!!!!!!  I've got to get bread and milk!!!!!!!  The thread said ICE!!!!!!   I've got to get bread and milk!!!!!!!    :whistle:

I worked at Bi-Lo during the 2002 storm, batteries and ice were our number one sellers. I NEED ICE, wait uh nvm

Me too. I wasn't worried, but now that I see a special thread. Oh my God!!!! I've got to get bread and milk!!!!!!! I've got to get bread and milk!!!!!!! The thread said ICE!!!!!! I've got to get bread and milk!!!!!!! :whistle:

NEW RULE: If you start a storm thread so far out that the bread would get stale and the milk would spoil before it gets here, IT'S TO DAMN SOON!

Could someone post dates? Someone on the December thread posted the GFS was picking up something mid week in addition to the weekend. Or did I read that wrong... Who needs bread and milk..... My wife wants wine for the night and eggs and bacon for the morning!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We need more Generators....

No matter what happens in the end this setup looks similar to last January where we had a long trough out west that slowly oozed eastwards with multiply waves of low pressure moving along the stalled boundary. Lots of widespread flooding happened with that setup and it could happen again especially since we just had 2+ inches of rain a few days ago. I could see somebody getting 4-5 inches of rain in the Southeast especially in the Tennessee Valley. Flooding could be as big of a story as the ice.

No matter what happens in the end this setup looks similar to last January where we had a long trough out west that slowly oozed eastwards with multiply waves of low pressure moving along the stalled boundary. Lots of widespread flooding happened with that setup and it could happen again especially since we just had 2+ inches of rain a few days ago. I could see somebody getting 4-5 inches of rain in the Southeast especially in the Tennessee Valley. Flooding could be as big of a story as the ice.

Except last year we never had anything close to an almost 1050 Siberian high over the top coming in from the Dakotas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived