• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
December 2013 General Discussion

snowlover2

Some decent snow showers occurring over the area tonight.

Beginning to feel like I live up near Bo. :lol:

:lol:

For a change it wasn't snowing this morning and only picked up a half inch last night. I can finish clearing the roof between now and Saturday.

Looks brutaly cold next week and as the lake freezes, nw lower loses its buffer....welcome to Duluth .

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first picture is nice, Geos.

Saturday mini torch should eat up about half that pack and leave you with a nice flash frozen glacier.

Thanks. Well then I'll be down to 5". See what happens. If winds are lighter than the damage could be less.

I may lose the 2-3 inches of top fluff, but the zr created glacier underneath wont go anywhere until april, lol.

Some of the fluff here will become part of the glacier underneath. CLTV showing 42° today and 48° tomorrow. Obviously for areas with no snow cover.

LOT had this to say about the snow cover...

WAA CONTINUES TOMORROW WITH GUIDANCE INDICATING 925MB TEMPS AT +6 TO   +8C.  THEREFORE RAISED HIGH TEMPS AGAIN WITH 40S ACROSS THE CWA.    PLACES IN IOWA WITH 7 INCHES OF SNOW ON THE GROUND REACHED THE LOW   40S YESTERDAY...SO DESPITE THE SNOWPACK...40S ARE POSSIBLE AS FAR   NORTH AS THE WI/IL STATE LINE.  50S ARE LIKELY FOR AREAS WITHOUT   SNOW...AND MAY BE TOO COOL STILL WITH LOW 50S FORECAST.    

WAA CONTINUES TOMORROW WITH GUIDANCE INDICATING 925MB TEMPS AT +6 TO   +8C.  THEREFORE RAISED HIGH TEMPS AGAIN WITH 40S ACROSS THE CWA.    PLACES IN IOWA WITH 7 INCHES OF SNOW ON THE GROUND REACHED THE LOW   40S YESTERDAY...SO DESPITE THE SNOWPACK...40S ARE POSSIBLE AS FAR   NORTH AS THE WI/IL STATE LINE.  50S ARE LIKELY FOR AREAS WITHOUT   SNOW...AND MAY BE TOO COOL STILL WITH LOW 50S FORECAST.    

sounds right, thanks

:yikes:

Torching here at 34-35°. High water content will save the 5" glacier base though. Low dewpoints and light winds should help in damage control.

lack of snow cover and just enough urban/lake influence should help keep me above 0 but it's going to be close.

I'm liking how the below normal temperature winter continues. Now someone just needs to let the big dogs out.

BTW, congrats on finally posting your real pic as your avatar, Alek.

lack of snow cover and just enough urban/lake influence should help keep me above 0 but it's going to be close.

Only those on the other side of the lake could ever predict no snowcover this far in advance...

Almost guaranteed to have LES covering the ground here.

Archived