• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
11/13 - 11/16 Potential Storm Threat

user13

Right, I mean the evolution of it.  Euro was so far west that it probably will come east a bit, but may be west of the GFS.

East definitely still concerns me due to the fast flow of the pattern, but with that Pacific ridge breaking forcing a retrograde and a ridge popping in the Rockies, I have to say I'm a bit more intrigued than I was yesterday. 

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, I mean the evolution of it.  Euro was so far west that it probably will come east a bit, but may be west of the GFS.

I'm still going to argue that the pattern we are in does not support these amped solutions. I am not even close to ready to buy into the idea of a track through the benchmark with cold and accumulating snow with this system and far closer to buying into the suppressed out to sea type solutions. At this time, at best, I'd think we'd be on the northwest edge of this system with periods of light wet snow and rain mixed of little or no consequence. But we shall see what future model runs spit out.

WX/PT

I only know this because I did a quadruple take on Tuesday morning at 4am when I woke up and looked at it.  It looked nuts at the time and was the only model showing anything even remotely like that.  

You are correct .  12 z GFS had it yesterday then took it east . But yeh 0Z Euro run Tues did show the cut off 1st . 

I'm still going to argue that the pattern we are in does not support these amped solutions. I am not even close to ready to buy into the idea of a track through the benchmark with cold and accumulating snow with this system and far closer to buying into the suppressed out to sea type solutions. At this time, at best, I'd think we'd be on the northwest edge of this system with periods of light wet snow and rain mixed of little or no consequence. But we shall see what future model runs spit out.

WX/PT

Yeah if you read my earlier posts I'm still thinking a more progressive solution is possible. However, if this has a hair follicle of room to amplify, look out. This can be done by either the euro solution which split the energy and created enough separation to allow the srn s/w to dig for oil, or have the energy like the Canadian to be a bit more concentrated and further north thus allowing for a more frontal/overunning wave turning into a coastal.

I'll believe it when I see it, this is still very far out there so we will see numerous changes, the teleconnections are not favorable for a big coastal storm, and the pattern we've been in has featured very little precipitation over the past two months or more. 

I'll go with the cold because that is looking very likely, but I think storm will be OTS. 

Archived