amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
December 24-25 Snowstorm

Jim Martin

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since you asked, he was banned because of a calculated attempt to deceive the staff and the entire board. He requested a met tag and provided some proof and the tag was given. We try to do our best to verify and upon further investigation it was discovered that he was not telling the truth.

Shocker. Good job curbing it early, though. :)

Since you asked, he was banned because of a calculated attempt to deceive the staff and the entire board. He requested a met tag and provided some proof and the tag was given. We try to do our best to verify and upon further investigation it was discovered that he was not telling the truth.

was it the avatar that gave it away?:yikes:

You're bullish about this one, huh? ;) But hey I'm on board for a little snow. It'll be a nice mood setter for Christmas.

It's Christmas time, so why not go bullish.. Went to Costco today to get some Bailey's (for my DD coffee), so even if it doesn't snow as much as I hope.

I really don't think I'll be caring that much.. :lol:

It's Christmas time, so why not go bullish.. Went to Costco today to get some Bailey's (for my DD coffee), so even if it doesn't snow as much as I hope.

I really don't think I'll be caring that much.. :lol:

Yum. Just had some eggnog with coconut rum and boy was it delicious. As for this storm, not really expecting much. However December has been good to me. :)

I cant believe the euro is predicting a 968mb pressure off of NJ. 1993 superstorm was a 960mb. Unreal. If that verifies and the low comes inland about 50 miles I still think we could see significant snows even back here.

Yeah...as modeled, just a massive storm. KPIT is right on the .5 QPF line, but probably only like 100 miles out of the 1 inch line. Truly an amazing storm if it happens because we NEVER do that well with a coastal storm...usually we need an I95 or Apps runner...If there was ever a time for a 100-200 mile shift, this would be it LOL.

Yeah...as modeled, just a massive storm. KPIT is right on the .5 QPF line, but probably only like 100 miles out of the 1 inch line. Truly an amazing storm if it happens because we NEVER do that well with a coastal storm...usually we need an I95 or Apps runner...If there was ever a time for a 100-200 mile shift, this would be it LOL.

Yea if that euro is correct, I would like it to come in about 50 - 100 miles, and it would be doing good things for us over here too.

you pitt folk are good people.... kinda in that forgotten area like us here in ohio..lol

anyways, 18z nam continues the slow down...wow

Wow. PIT is on the .5 line? Any idea what is shows for Northern OH?

The ensemble mean posted in the 12z thread is ridiculous. No doubt a storm of that magintude (as unlikely as it is) would easily spread the wealth back to the OH valley.

you pitt folk are good people.... kinda in that forgotten area like us here in ohio..lol

anyways, 18z nam continues the slow down...wow

sure are. I used to talk to quite a few Pburgh people on eastern. Like everyone except 1 guy, cant remember his name. lol.. so what do you think buckeye, we have another theory now. 1993 repeat. Low pressure so strong if it shifts inland about 50 miles we'd be in some decent snows.

sure are. I used to talk to quite a few Pburgh people on eastern. Like everyone except 1 guy, cant remember his name. lol.. so what do you think buckeye, we have another theory now. 1993 repeat. Low pressure so strong if it shifts inland about 50 miles we'd be in some decent snows.

ugh 93 sucked here in cmh. Blizzards warnings went up for us but we only ended up with about 4" of baby powder....places in eastern OH got like 20"

ugh 93 sucked here in cmh. Blizzards warnings went up for us but we only ended up with about 4" of baby powder....places in eastern OH got like 20"

hmm im too young to remember, but I know most of the maps I am looking at showed 6 - 12 inches through the majority of Ohio, but hey at this point 5" is better than nothing lol

Archived