wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
December 24-25 Snowstorm

Jim Martin

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmm im too young to remember, but I know most of the maps I am looking at showed 6 - 12 inches through the majority of Ohio, but hey at this point 5" is better than nothing lol

no, not in '93....that was definitely an eastern and southeeastern OH event. From about i-71 west, pretty much nothing. '96 on the othe hand was a central and southern event....but i believe the nw and extreme north got little.

you pitt folk are good people.... kinda in that forgotten area like us here in ohio..lol

anyways, 18z nam continues the slow down...wow

LOL! Yes...I kind of have to prod to get info out of people in the model threads without being so blatant as to get banned for asking IMBY posts...We need to get some more Mets from this area posting on here somehow.

I like the sim radar at 78... looks pretty good to me. I'm so seriously trying to contain myself remembering it's an 18z run....

I am not sure how well the NAM or Euro has been doing in this region but for the SE they both have had the trend to really ramp up precip totals once the event got within 48 hours or so. If you guys have been experiencing the same type of trends the past couple of months then I would expect at least some increases in the totals for the area. Even though it is the 18z NAM this may be what it is beginning to do.

I see some places in missouri and iowa getting 3-6 inches but it just doesn't look as impressive as it should with the gulf open and the placement of the low. Looks like the EC low is shearing the storm out as it moves east. Wouldn't that EC storm not allow it to intensify and ride the coast north like the euro showed? Or is a monsterous phased storm able to push the EC storm out of the way? Thanks

Archived