• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
December 24-25 Snowstorm

Jim Martin

Maybe its coming north, cause you can take it to the bank that the euro isn't showing a ec storm now.

From henry m: The GFS still has the correct solution. Big snows in the Midwest, dampens the snow out coming across the Appalachians. Picks up the big snows again for New England. Teh adjustment on the model will be the storm coming west again. We should see that adjustment over the next several model runs. Euro will continue to have a big storm.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Trend all season has been strong blocking...

I just hope it can't get pinched off completely....If the Vort is to weak on the models..then things are a bit underdone. It is interesting though, for the folks who live in Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota...the set up that we are about to have here if this works out would be something you get while I get rain down here. now the rain is south and the upper level dynamics are here. How do ratios historically workout.

GFS_3_2010122112_F84_38.5000N_90.0000W.png

That with only about .2 QPF left to fall on the GFS..looks pretty good for some 15-1 ratios.

I don't even think I'm eligible to throw in the towel, considering besides one rogue 18z GFS run, no model ever progged dick for me. In the alternative, if buckeye could kindly run me over with his bus before plunging it off a cliff, I'd appreciate it.

I'll see what i can do, im currently flying down a snake curved dirt road in zero vis fog heading towards the spine of the apps....with no brakes.

Just not soon enough. But yeah it will be dead very soon and hopefully done with till atleast spring.

then the pac firehose turns on and the southeast ridge emerges and it's all about who ends up north and south of the baroclinic line. If i were you I'd like my chances a hell of a lot better than this crap we are currently under as well.

Can you post the entire event for CMH? Looks like it got cut off midway.

that was it jay, there was no more measurable accumulation after that point. you get .3 more inches through the 27th, but wasnt much point in posting the whole page for .3 more inches lol.. on christmas, i would be satisfied with even the 2.5 inches at this point.

Just not soon enough. But yeah it will be dead very soon and hopefully done with till atleast spring.

I'm really not convinced that we won't see strong blocking more or less all winter. I'm sure there will be times where it weakens, but only to redevelop again. That is not to say that it will be in the same position it's in now. I think most of us do okay with snowfall.

Archived