amirah5
Oct 9-13 2013 nor'easter obs/disco

Ian

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sweet memories nonetheless....I met my wife on that loading dock

ha nice. 

this first "batch" appears it will fall apart.. so the initial start of accumulating precip probably generally OK up here.  

days and days on Euro

looks like everyone is 2"+ and 3-4" depending upon where the random blobs hits

it does come in waves with the first wave starting 0Z tonight through 18Z, then 42 hrs.-54 another round

now, to be sure, I'm eyeballing based on the inexact maps of Wunderground

p.s. more beyond 54 hrs., but that's as far as it's updated, so who Noahs <nyuk, nyuk, nyuk>

Euro looks a lot like previous versions. Thru 12z Sat: 1.5"+ for most of us-- drops off fast west of the Winchester to MRB corridor.  2"+ either side of the Potomac from the Blue Ridge southeast. Bullseyesin SE VA and off Jersey Coast of 3"+. Another .25" or so after that period. 

Euro looks a lot like previous versions. Thru 12z Sat: 1.5"+ for most of us-- drops off fast west of the Winchester to MRB corridor.  2"+ either side of the Potomac from the Blue Ridge southeast. Bullseyesin SE VA and off Jersey Coast of 3"+. Another .25" or so after that period. 

And this deserves its own thread because...?

Maybe I'm missing something, but a couple of inches of rain over two days doesn't seem particularly dramatic...  In London, we call this type of occurence "summer"....

Cool. Well, feel free not to read the thread I guess. 

Maybe I'm missing something, but a couple of inches of rain over two days doesn't seem particularly dramatic...  In London, we call this type of occurence "summer"....

we've had impressive drought conditions in the area so it is sorta a "big deal" not to speak of the fact we all must be under worked

anyway, you're in Rome now so....you know the rest     ;)

It's the first nor'easter of the season, and it's agoing to sit for a few days and drop some precip, which we need pretty badly.  It's interesting to watch it unfold.

And if we start a thread about a 6" storm in February, I'm going to poo poo it because, in the Alps, that's called "winter."

Not including Sandy, we haven't seen a coastal storm this impressive since Feb 2010. And the short lead makes it quite memorable. I vote threadworthy. I'll go back into the hole mitch dug for me now.

Funny, but earlier I thought it reminded me of Sandy in the way it's spinning and backing in toward the MA.  Much weaker and further south, but it did remind me of it.

Archived