• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Oct 9-13 2013 nor'easter obs/disco

Ian

I'd be pretty bummed about the radar hole to my southeast.

Not as much as I would as the hole would be right over my house and others would be getting snow while I would have to hope the delmarva echoes built back in.  That will probably happen but......this is the 6hr period where the 18Z GFS gives me my heaviest precip so I'd be worried since I don't see the euro.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not as much as I would as the hole would be right over my house and others would be getting snow while I would have to hope the delmarva echoes built back in.  That will probably happen but......this is the 6hr period where the 18Z GFS gives me my heaviest precip so I'd be worried since I don't see the euro.

Euro looks like it's doing well so far. Rotates that band to the east through overnight. Biggest panel for the DC area ends 12z, around .5".  It doesn't have any really crazy totals in any 6 hour period.. might be a little dry in spots in the end tho I'm guessing it will end up looking pretty good in this event. 

2.53 inches of rain so far and 40 MPH gusts. http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KLFI/2013/10/9/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA&MR=1

This is Karen in her extra-tropical form. 

Most of the buoys and ships around the entrance to the bay are reporting sustained winds in the low 40's. Mid-bay in the mid 30's and upper bay in the upper 20's.

Those reds and oranges coming out of the eastern shore are in the melting layer w/ low CC.

173902.jpg?1371150233

Nice. Was talking about the little yellow splotches forming in the hole too.

Also the storm has a warm core so it is a bit odd NHC isn't saying anything at all about it.

Nice. Was talking about the little yellow splotches forming in the hole too. Also the storm has a warm core so it is a bit odd NHC isn't saying anything at all about it.

Ah. Well the NHC was right in killing it as a tropical entity when it crossed Florida, I guess they could bring it back as a "post-tropical storm". It's frontal right now and not really warm or cold cored, but is going to become more symmetric.

4.phase1.png

Archived